Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[31DEC14] A little something for the New Year...

Fantastic news! Love the custom compression on the landing gear, really gives a good impression of weight. I wonder if v2 might also feature some heat blur from the engines (maybe in P3D?), that would be icing on the cake!

Matthew S

Matthew-

Does P3D do heat blur?

FSX won't- so it can't even be considered there...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Really guys- please read the stuff we put here!

They are all drunk Robert  :o

Some of you really need to read the other posts pinned in the forum

Since I have only acquired a taste for morning drinking I am fully functioning at the moment

In saying that though, were are the other posts "pinned in the Forum" ?

Thanks Robert, excellent update and pics.  I'd like to know where Jason got the Cargojet 727 which is sitting in the cargo area behind the 747X v2 in pic #1.

\Robert Hamlich/

I forgot to ask - IIRC The old PMDG 747 has dummy ACARS (FMC COMM?) pages, and I'm wondering if PMDG is planning on expanding this to some sort of external client interface for ACARS/CPDLC.

Also would it be possible to change options/trigger failures through some sort of external interface, like Leonardo's Maddog? Perhaps put it in an iOS/Android app as I'm sure many simmers would have tablets, even cheap ones. Fiddling through the FMC pages is very difficult.

Gents-

Some of you really need to read the other posts pinned in the forum...  If you did, you wouldn't be asking about FSX:SE, P3D, etc....

(And since nobody asked specifically, yes, Xplane too.  LOL)

Yes sir :)

Gents-

In a different thread, someone asked an engine related question, and another fellow wondered about our choice of Roller Power on the test flight airplane since (in his words) not many airlines purchased the Roller Powered airplane.

Well...  We chose Roller Power because BAV has been such a positive and vocal supporter of PMDG for a number of years- and we know they will be interested to see the RR powered airplane is the first out of the barn.

All three engine types will be included in the initial release, along with the 400, 400M, 400ER, 400F, 400ERF and 400BCF airplanes.

For those interested in the -8 airplane- we have that one quite well along also... to include all the cockpit differences, engine and performance, system differences, Electronic Checklists, etc etc etc.

I think 2015 is going to be the year of the 747 at PMDG. 

(And in my mind- the 747 and the DC-3 are about the only two airplanes a pilot should ever need...  Well... okay...maybe a 707...and a 727-200... and... never mind....)  :ph34r:

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

All three engine types will be included in the initial release, along with the 400, 400M, 400ER, 400F, 400ERF and 400BCF airplanes.

Excellent news for Qantas (only airline with the 400ER) fans like myself and my friend who is also a rolls royce fan

unrelated quote so he can see this. haha

I cannot wait for the 400ER,some QF sydney-Dallas flights coming up.

Alex Green

Gents-

Some of you really need to read the other posts pinned in the forum...  If you did, you wouldn't be asking about FSX:SE, P3D, etc....

(And since nobody asked specifically, yes, Xplane too.  LOL)

For the record, as an Australian over the age of 18 i am required to be drunk on public holidays, its a legal thing...

Anyway Rob, only reason i asked is this was cross platform is in the pinned X-Plane thread you said at the start that, and i quote;

"Upon completion of this project (X-Plane secret Project), we will evaluate the market demand and the Xplane platform's viability as a platform for future growth of our PMDG BAe JS4100, PMDG 737NGX, PMDG 777 and PMDG 747-400v2.0 product lines with an eye toward making these products available to Xplane users."

Now from that i assumed that work would not begin on the process of porting to X-Plane until after the previously mentioned project was released and evaluated by your team, but by the sounds it it through this thread and other hints ive seen around this forum, this may not be the case and you may already be working on the porting process (If so, i might be excited to the point i may wee a little bit :P)

If im wrong, more then happy to be corrected, but if im right (and jeeze i hope i am!) a simple nod and acknowledgment to this would be just as exciting as the NGX release onto X-Plane.

Cheers and merry new year!

What does BA fly the 400M 400 or 400ER?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

What does BA fly the 400M 400 or 400ER?

Hm, let's see. Never seen a BA 744 with a main deck cargo door. The only -400ER operator is Qantas. Through the process of elimination we are down to the base -400. Insert sarcasm smile here.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg