Sign in to follow this  
autogyro

ReShade (shader injector), SweetFX 2.0 and P3D v2.4

So, I've just stumbled upon ReShade, a new and improved shader injector, which allows SweetFX 2.0 beta to sort of work with P3Dv2.4. I believe people were struggling with getting SweetFX 1.6 to work with P3D versions later than 2.2. The public beta for Reshade was recently released, however it does crash A LOT however (will crash P3D after going into the menu about 3-4 times). But the screenshots you can take with the settings set to what you like, can really make P3D v2.4 look amazing.

These are completely untouched (other than cropped) screenshots from P3D v2.4. Screenshots via printscreen utility to capture the lighting change effects utilised in SweetFX ('v' screenshot capture button doesn't capture the shader effects). All images taken at Buochs, Switzerland, home of Pilatus, in different weather/season conditions.

wgXeiTs.jpg

5ppjOPK.jpg

ZPM4OBj.jpg

Thanks for the heads up!

Tried it and looks to be a keeper.

I can go in the menu's now without the need to switch it off first.

Any idea how to remove the 'statistics' from the right top corner?

[Edit] Found it! Great : )

It does look amazing. Were these screenshots taken with HDR on or not? I'm quite happy with Rob's HDR tweak, but these images seem to be even better.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

I've left Rob's HDR tweaks on, as well as HDR itself. I prefer nice bright sunny days in P3D.

Should work, it works on my Win 8.1 which SweetFX 1.6 doesn't on my machine.

Should work, it works on my Win 8.1 which SweetFX 1.6 doesn't on my machine.

Do you have KB2670838 installed?

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Not sure buddy, I'll see if I can check when I'm back home in a few hours.

Not sure buddy, I'll see if I can check when I'm back home in a few hours.

Hi Auto - I will continue this here as you have seen my post at ftx - do you have to have sweet loaded also maybe thats why I was only seeing half a screen - I only tried reshade standalone - thanks

Rich Sennett

The original SweetFX is working fine on my pc since I switched from IE to Mozilla.

I have a daytime prest and a nighttime one.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Hi Auto - I will continue this here as you have seen my post at ftx - do you have to have sweet loaded also maybe thats why I was only seeing half a screen - I only tried reshade standalone - thanks

HI Richard,

That's possible, it would probably be the default shaders that come with just ReShade and its settings that is doing that. No, you don't HAVE to use SweetFX, but it does have a fair number of already written shaders which you can test. ReShade, from what I gather, is just a method of injecting the HSHL shaders into P3D, it all depends on what shaders are being called for. SweetFX is reasonably well known by the community and so you might have better luck with some recommended settings for P3D - for example, I'm using the ReShade with SweetFX 2.0 (the other download link), and all I have turned on is the SMAA (not even necessary really, if you use NI), curves and Cineon DPX colours.

If you have SweetFX working already, as GSalden has, then there's no worries - but I couldn't get any version of SweetFX to play nicely with P3D until I used ReShade. Another example of the shader effects in action (mostly dynamically adjusting contrast, intensity and colour balance, especially of the background sky to make it 'pop' more):

Z7dg53D.jpg

Do you have KB2670838 installed?

Just checked, no I do not have this installed.

It took a lot of tweaks, but it worked. The shader has an option of split screen. This is the initial result.