Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Steinmetz

Approach Lights/Strobes Not Working

I assumed I should start asking this question on the P3D forum, but have not had any luck w/ any sort of response.  I have always found this group to be knowledgeable and helpful.

When I fly at night in P3D V.4 I am unable to see the ALS strobe landing light system at any airport (addon or existing). I have been reading up on the subject and see that the latest Nvidia driver causes some issues so I have reverted back to a previous driver (344.75), but still have the issue. I can see the PITA landing lights, but the ALS system is not visible….any help would be appreciated.

Chuck,

"When I fly at night in P3D V.4 I am unable to see the ALS strobe landing light system at any airport (addon or existing)."

Which Addon scenery/airports do you have?

Which version of Windows?

Is your version of P3D V2 or V2.4?

Which default P3D 4/x airport approach lighting does not work for you?

"I can see the PITA landing lights"

Or PAPI lights?

"I assumed I should start asking this question on the P3D forum, but have not had any luck w/ any sort of response."

On this topic or other topics ?

Do you have just this problem or several?

With Nvidia 344.75 / P3D 2.4

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Thank you for taking time on this - sorry for the delay...work keeps getting in the way of my hobby!!

Here are specs of my system/software (I should have done this upfront):

Hardware: Intel Core i7 4770KQuad Core, 4.4GHz Overclock, 16GB Trident x DDR3 SDRAM 2133 MHz, Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 - 2GB, Asus Z87 Maximus VI Hero Mother Board, 2x's 2TB Seagate 7200 RPM SATA, 3x's Asus Monitors, Winodws 7, Joystick/Yoke - Jetmax, Rudder Pedals - Saitek, Flight Deck Solutions CDU.

Software: P3D V2.4

FS Global 2010
The Americas
FTX Global
FTX Vector
REX Texture Direct
Active Sky Next - P3D
Addons - Orix/FlyTampa/Flight Beam/FSDT

Right now the only problem I have is this lighting issue - but I have just recently moved to P3D so I don't have a lot of time in the software.  I should have some more time tonight and I will try and post some images, but right now I am unable to see the ALS strobe landing lights at any airport (addon or not) that I have checked.

More to come - thanks.

Which version of Windows?

Which default P3D 4.2 airport approach lighting does not work for you?

"I can see the PITA landing lights"

Or PAPI lights?

Do you suspect any of your scenery addons ... or have you checked with their support?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Has this been resolved? I have the same issue, no approach lighting system including PAPI lights.

I have Orbx PNW and fly into Cyvr

Jim

Jim Vasto

Newer NVidia drivers broke the lights. ast one that worked was 347.88

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Newer NVidia drivers broke the lights. ast one that worked was 347.88

Vic

Yup you're right, rolled back to the 347.88 driver, seems to work again.

thanks

Jim

Jim Vasto