Sign in to follow this  
wizzards

i2600k overclock constant

hello,My Intel i2600k CPU on a Asus p8p67 deluxe MB overclock seems to be running at a constant 4.5ghz,it had been idling at 1.6ghz then boosting up to 4.5 GHz under load,until a system crash caused by I believe using DDU uninstaller,which I sorted by performing a system restore,I have reset cosmos and changed the battery,checked my bios setting which seem to be fine,if I the load bios defaults the CPU runs at 3.8ghz,would it help to reload the bios ?any ideas or  help gratefully received thanks for reading 

peter

Have you got Intel speed step technology enabled? This should drop your cpu down to 1.6g at idle.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

hello,yes Intel speed tech is enabled,it is very confusing,I read on a you tube comment that other people were having this issue just wondered if any one on Avsim had suffered from this issue,

thanks for the reply

peter

Control Panel \ change to view large icons and select power options and select "Balanced". This will allow your processor to idle.

If you want "High Performance" then select change plan settings then change advanced plan settings then scroll down to "processor power management" and change minimum processor state to 5%. this will allow it to idle and ramp back to 100% when needed.  Provided that intel speed step is enabled in bios. Otherwise high performance plan will force 100% by default I believe.

EDIT: When I quickly read this posting title I thought it said i2600k overclock contest. LOL. 

I have a 2600k and a P8P67 also and I have had it as high as 5.15ghz and actually played uhhh flew FSX at 5.1ghz

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

Hello thanks for the help, away for a couple or days ,will try your suggestions on my return

Peter

hello thanks for the reply's,turboken you were spot on,I reset my power options to the recommended balanced and bingo all is fine again

peter

hello thanks for the reply's,turboken you were spot on,I reset my power options to the recommended balanced and bingo all is fine again

peter

Glad we could all help out.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+