Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[05JAN15] FSX:SE Compatibility Update

Than I suggest to read post #1 than for your previous question, about  the update you were asking about

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

i read that post hence the reason for the question

he stated that his team will be shooting for this weekend 9 Jan to have the update to us. Those were his words (paraphrasing of course) and not my own.

He also said worst case would be 16 Jan. So yet again your point eludes me.

Anyhow, he gave an estimated time for the release and I was just asking if his team made the timeline. If the answer is no then no big deal if the answer is yes... well hooray!!!!

For people with the CD/DVD maybe we could request a free download with a support ticket and use the registration key on the sticker in the box?

Anyhow, he gave an estimated time for the release and I was just asking if his team made the timeline. If the answer is no then no big deal if the answer is yes... well hooray!!!!

PMDG has a cultural history of being a little coy with release dates and timing in large part because you never really know if your programming work is done until it's actually done. In rushed jobs like this one, surprises are inevitable. PMDG and their staff are not really known for making hourly or daily updates on progress if a window of opportunity has been discussed.

It's best to expect them to be released at the end of their estimated window on January 16th... not because it will take that long, but because you will be pleasantly surprised if they release earlier.

-Greg

Gents-

Greg's point (two posts above) is spot on....

We tend to be coy with release dates because we have enough experience to know that sometimes the things that SHOULD be easy wind up being the biggest knee-knockers.

In the present case, fixing the software to work with FSX:SE proved to be quite easy, but the installation process is giving us some major headaches as of tonight.  We are grappling with those hurdles right now.  (Doffs hat to DTG for making a hash of something that should be simple...)  Once we have a solution in hand, we need to throw it to the beta team and let them find any obvious faults before we toss it in your laps- otherwise it creates drama none of us need.

As of tonight I am leaning away from a release before very late next week...   It might even slip from there- but I will know more on Monday evening.

Right now

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I'm not suprised to hear this, I was hoping to fly the NGX by end of next week, but for now I guess it is better to aim for next month, because there is still no solution.

I hope DTG's upcoming fixes don't through any new hurdles at you

Alaister Kay

Hope your updates are going well. Any way later,please advice us if the updated installers will work with the *new* update for FSX:SE. No hurry though.!

Thanks for the thread!

So happy to see the JS41 is on the top of your list, guys. This plane is my all times favorite  :wub: