Sign in to follow this  
Fsxsimmer758

ORBX order in scenery library

Hi

Is there a specific way that orbx products should be ordered in scenery library, I.e Ftx Ireland above OpenLC scenery ? 

Thanks

Many of the Orbx installers place the product in the correct order.

Every product has an installation guide which explains where to have things placed.

It is not a good idea to start manually moving things around unless you know what you are doing.

With ORBX scenery you often need to move things around because the FTX Central can crash while switching regions and really make a mess of things. What you should not do is move around the ORBX Vector entries below the Addon Scenery entry. Here's a rough guide as to how things should be organized - quite logical if you think about it:

1. ORBX Libs

2. ORBX Airports

3. ORBX Regions

4. ORBX Global OpenLC

5. ORBX Global Vector

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

1. ORBX Libs

Whats Orbx Libs?

Wouldn't dare touch the Scenery Libraries, id surely mess it up.  I have Global/Vector/Europe + Uk Region and Southampton Airport.  I only tip around Europe so correct me if I am wrong but in FTX Central there are 2 Icons Global and Europe,  before i open PD3 i only every Apply Europe.  Everything looks nice so i presume ive just answered my own question.  

ORBX Libs otherwise known as Orbx Libraries can be downloaded from the support page.  The libraries should be installed last when updating or installing a region(s).  The libraries are generally fixes for their products and are updated frequently.  They are found at the bottom of the page and are safe to install.

https://www.fullterrain.com/support

\Robert Hamlich/

Thank you Robert, now that you say it, I have actually seen them on the Orbtx page.

Installation Guide for a novice, need an advice and conformation in plain English

I'm about to start fresh FSX acceleration with ORBX packages in mind, since I'm not FSX tech oriented and want to fly not sped time on tweeking and Troubleshooting I went to

ORBX installation guide and as per the guide, this is the recommended order

I. Global Base

II. Global Vector

III. Global LC US not out yet, so what do I do ?

IV. FS Global 2010 (Mesh)

& Then

V. Regions  

VI. Airports  

Nothing about the Libs 

Can somebody confirm, cuz I do not want to mess :P

Thanks in advance

Yair

Installation Guide for a novice, need an advice and conformation in plain English

I'm about to start fresh FSX acceleration with ORBX packages in mind, since I'm not FSX tech oriented and want to fly not sped time on tweeking and Troubleshooting I went to

ORBX installation guide and as per the guide, this is the recommended order

I. Global Base

II. Global Vector

III. Global LC US not out yet, so what do I do ?

IV. FS Global 2010 (Mesh)

& Then

V. Regions  

VI. Airports  

Nothing about the Libs 

Thanks in advance

Yair

Hi Yair,

Install FS Global 2010 mesh first, everything after that in the order that you have listed then make sure you download and install the Orbx Libs last.  Feel free to PM me if you have any issues with scenery layering and I will help you out.

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

Nothing about the Libs 

After installing an ORBX region or airport, always run the latest library installer and the Vector configurator. It's quite commonly known, if you check the ORBX forums, you'll find it mentioned dozens of times. But running the libraries, even if it's not needed, it cant mess up anything. In the worst case, it doesnt do anything.

Cheers!

Maarten

.. sweet , you are an angel Robert  ....

now my next question does it make sense to go with FS Global 2010, if I have FSXGenesis any reason to invest in   FS Global 2010, or I' should still be comfortable with FS Genesis  ???

Reg.

Yair

They are both very good Yair, I have had and used both.

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

..okay Robert, so we can assume that for ORBX it doesn't matter and I can expect the same results ... great, I can save the plastic for other candies ....  :Peace:   

Tnx again !

Yair 

.... oh, and one more thing, "Global LC US" not out yet, does it ,really, matter, or it can be installed after you get regions and airport installed ????

Reg.

Yair  

.... oh, and one more thing, "Global LC US" not out yet, does it ,really, matter, or it can be installed after you get regions and airport installed ????
It shouldn't be a problem, the installer should place the LC in the correct location in the scenery.cfg, you can check it to see if it is among the other LC's you have installed.

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/