Sign in to follow this  
Richbro

Sound levels

Hi,

Having just installed RC4.3 and tried a few flights I've noticed the voice volume of the controllers/pilot are fairly low in comparison to the FSX ATC. I've adjusted the sound levels in FSX voice to avoid hearing FSX ATC but I've also had to reduce the levels of engine and environment in order to clearly hear RC controllers whilst flying GA such as the Carenado 337 (take off particulalry) and the Duke V2 piston.

The only adjustments appear to be the rate of speed controllers voice their instructions. Is there any way round this problem for my poor old ears?

Help much appreciated.

Richard.

Unfortunately not Richard. As you've discovered getting the right balance means reducing FSX sound levels until you achieve a satisfactory solution.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks for your rapid reply Ray.

As I didn't see anything obvious I thought there might be something in the inner workings that I could tamper with...... Ah well.

It's just that some aircraft are a bit noisier than others and they boast of their 'sound candy' which I was hoping to take advantage of.

As you say, it's a balancing act. Thanks again.

Regards,

Richard.

Richard.

If want your RC4.3 voices to come out of a headset,you can get a program called "Indie Volume"

With this you can direct any sound you wish to come from your headset and you should have no problem hearing ATC at all.  I use a single ear piece set from Cyber Acoustics and find this to be very realistic. Just a thought.

Dennis

Dennis Elliott