Sign in to follow this  
corkyo4

Blackbox a330

Anyone have any experience of the blackbox a330? I have the aerosoft airbus's and am aware that they are developing an a330 which will no doubt be as good as their others.

However does the BBS a330 cut any ice in comparison?

Thanks

Tom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

tom

you pose an interesting question .... though one should wait till BBSv0.8 is released before commenting ... but based on a comparison of the a320's, it's a close call !!

for all the features of the aerosoft airbus to date, not all work "properly" whereas the current BBS has less but most of its features work ??

i enjoy simming both but look forward to the completed BBS more when & if ...... 

for now, cheers

john martin

Currently BBS A330 is no better than the A330 of Wilco, I really don't recommend buying it. I'm not all that convinced they'll ever finish it. it has been such a long time since last update. 

While BBS has made many statements claiming their A320  product to be more accurate than that of a "competitor" in reality I think Aerosoft offers a vastly superior product in all areas. 

I agree with FSCamp. They *seem* to be about to release the new version along with the A340, but i don't think we'll get any better systems than the ones we already have which pale in comparison to Aerosoft's A320 family.

The A330 from Aerosoft will be much much better for sure.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I'll agree with the rest. BBS has some far reaching goals but they don't yet have a team large enough nor do they have enough time to constantly work on the product and provide regular updates. They currently are advertising (since last year) that v0.80 for the A330 is just around the corner, yet we are now in 2015 and there isn't any update.

If they ever finish any of the products (A320/330/340), then I presume it will be quite detailed but as of right now, I just don't see that happening anytime soon based on their current progress.

Plus, it's an unfinished project with no real schedule of when they are going to complete it. If you do dive into the BBS train, be very aware that you might not see a complete product for years to come, though I hope they prove me wrong.

I also think that by the time they get their act together and finish off their product, the 'competitor' would have released an equal, if not better, version of the product as well so its totally your call - I'd say wait till BBS gets to v0.80 at least and then judge the depth of the product by reading reviews here.

I currently dont recommend it. too many issues and weird FDE )v.66)  But the upcoming soon to be released (we keep hoping) .80 looks to be alot better.

Go to blackbox facebook page to get some new preview shots. The just uploaded overhead looks pretty good. Im just looking forward to it as another heavy jet for p3d. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Well I own both of these and just to chip in...

Aerosoft is great for eye candy..and generally for little details...although no 2D cockpit or undockable gauges..

BBS is less pretty, less refined....they say it has better flight dynamics but i wouldn't know not being an A320 pilot...it does however have undockable gauges which is great for full-screen flyers like myself who need this to show gauges on separate monitors...

Frame rates are good for both

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

BBS is a small company. Lets give them an opportunity to show the .80 release of the A330......

That said I'm pretty happy with the Aerosoft airbus and if they ever make a 330 it'll be pretty decent.

Dave

Well I own both of these and just to chip in...

Aerosoft is great for eye candy..and generally for little details...although no 2D cockpit or undockable gauges..

BBS is less pretty, less refined....they say it has better flight dynamics but i wouldn't know not being an A320 pilot...it does however have undockable gauges which is great for full-screen flyers like myself who need this to show gauges on separate monitors...

Frame rates are good for both

With same changes to the panel.cfg you can have undockable gauges in the Aerosoft Airbus as well. I wrote how to do this over at the Aerosoft forum. So this is no reason to buy the crappy Blackbox Airbus either.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I own the BB A320 but will switch to Aerosoft soon. I am fine with the look of the model and the aircraft dynamics, but the systems are still incomplete, and some components of it do not work properly on my system. I bought v. 0.55 over two years ago, and I would go so far as to say it was better than the current version 0.8 because the systems, though more basic, didn't play tricks on me.

Peter

With same changes to the panel.cfg you can have undockable gauges in the Aerosoft Airbus as well. I wrote how to do this over at the Aerosoft forum. So this is no reason to buy the crappy Blackbox Airbus either.

Thanks Carlo..

Would you remind refreshing my memory on that one as to how please?

Cheers

Doug

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

Thanks Carlo..

Would you remind refreshing my memory on that one as to how please?

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug,

here you go:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/89973-using-multiple-monitors/

I just adapted the tweak initially published by Alvara Polo (you can find that one in the links included in the above thread) to the new versions of the Airbus. The 2D pop-ups for the PFD and the ECAMs work perfectly fine. The pop-up for the ND has some shortcomings (e.g. that it can't be resized) but also works. I fly the Airbus always such that I have the PFD and the ND undocked and moved to my fourth monitor. Hope that helps.

Best regards

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Thanks Carlo mate!

Much appreciated! Will give this a second look! :)

Cheers

Doug

Doug 

BBS is a small company. Lets give them an opportunity to show the .80 release of the A330......

That said I'm pretty happy with the Aerosoft airbus and if they ever make a 330 it'll be pretty decent.

Dave

So small that instead of finishing one project they start yet another (A340).3 projects going and none are complete. I wouldn't buy any of their stuff until it is finished but even then I won't because I don't trust someone who takes money for a unfinished product and then starts others.

Richie Walsh