Sign in to follow this  
HawkDsl

Where Is Your RealAir T-Duke V2 Now?!

BlueSky Idaho. Shade K_and_W_1 preset (http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/9776-shade-preset-k-and-w-1/). REX Soft Clouds #3. Real Weather. You can get my texture theme from REX shared themes

inside REX ESS+OD. Select TEXTURES from main menu, then hit the BROWSE button at the bottom.SEARCH for HAWKDSL, and instal #5112 FIRST, THEN install shade K and W1 preset.

td001.jpg

td002.jpg

yd003.jpg

td004.jpg

td005.jpg

Been waiting for this thread lol, glad you started it. Nice shots, your environment looks great!

KBZN Bozeman, MT

Been working my westward from Atlantic City, NJ where I was on the ground in the T. Duke v1 when the v2 was released. Strangely I'd just started flying the v1 again a couple days earlier after not having loaded it in the sim for probably a year or more when the v2 release thread appeared. Last night I flew a short leg between KBIL Billings, MT and KBZN Bozeman.

kbil_kbzn03.jpg

kbil_kbzn05.jpg

kbil_kbzn02.jpg

kbil_kbzn04.jpg

kbil_kbzn01.jpg

Last night I flew a short leg between KBIL Billings, MT and KBZN Bozeman.

I have to go check that out! Nice Shots, and thanks for the comments.

i'm in Norge, somewhere

Great Vid rcladin.. What are you using to record the flight with? My Fraps is all messed up (wants to record both monitors),

KCOD area, through Yellowstone, ending in KJAC (all BlueSky Scenery - their very, very best IMHO) -

c002.jpg

c003.jpg

c001.jpg

BlueSky Idaho. Shade K_and_W_1 preset (http://aussiex.org/f...eset-k-and-w-1/). REX Soft Clouds #3. Real Weather. You can get my texture theme from REX shared themes

inside REX ESS+OD. Select TEXTURES from main menu, then hit the BROWSE button at the bottom.SEARCH for HAWKDSL, and instal #5112 FIRST, THEN install shade K and W1 preset.

There are some places that could never be displayed well without photoreal.  Some of those shots are just beautiful.  I keep asking myself, how do I figure out how to integrate photoreal in arid, mountainous places over the top of the Orbx stuff which is more needed where autogen is more critical.  it's a tough exercise.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

it's a tough exercise.

Yes it is.. I for one don't fully understand it, as there certainly is an airport with all its buildings on my BlueSky scenery, but it's flat as a pancake in the towns... Downtown Vegas is perfect until you get outside of the main strip, then it's flat again. Seems to me Autogen should still work on top of PR, even if the placement is off, at least there should be something there! And Trees. I have a great tree set.. why it can't be drawn of top of the PR is above my pay grade.

I have to go check that out! Nice Shots, and thanks for the comments.

Great Vid rcladin.. What are you using to record the flight with? My Fraps is all messed up (wants to record both monitors),

KCOD area, through Yellowstone, ending in KJAC (all BlueSky Scenery - their very, very best IMHO) -

Nice shots, i like the RED VH livery, 

Video shot in fraps, sorry not sure what it is with a second screen, you'd find a solution i'm sure by googling.

I lied i'm actually currently in Albuquerque as of last night i flew KLAX to KABQ and it was quicker than expected, the flight planning setup in the GTN 750 was dead easy too.

I for one don't fully understand it, as there certainly is an airport with all its buildings on my BlueSky scenery, but it's flat as a pancake in the towns...

It just boils down to which objects are placed objects (ie. like you'd place with ADE or Instant Scenery) and which are autogen (placed with the annotator). Photoreal suppresses autogen but it doesn't suppress .bgl placed objects. To make autogen appear on top of photoreal it can to be custom annotated with the annotator tool but it will still suppress the landclass autogen beneath it. Custom annotations are a horrendous amount of work which is why most large area photoreals are bald.

Yes it is.. I for one don't fully understand it, as there certainly is an airport with all its buildings on my BlueSky scenery, but it's flat as a pancake in the towns... Downtown Vegas is perfect until you get outside of the main strip, then it's flat again.

The buildings you're seeing displayed are scenery objects and work fine with photo scenery.  It's autogen that doesn't work, as its tied to landclass.  It can be made to work and lots of vendors do this in limited areas (eg MSX SoCal - Las Vegas etc, Orbx regions and airports with areas of photoscenery and so forth), with custom annotation.  The problem is, doing so accurately over a large area would require a lot of effort.

Combining Orbx and photoscenery like BlueSky is sorta-kinda possible in a limited sort of way on a tile by tile basis.  That is, you carefully choose a BlueSky tile that you want to display in a given area, and you enable only that tile or groups of tiles to overlay that area of your Orbx region  But it's tedious, and it's still/either or.  It just breaks the either/or into smaller chunks.

Scott

Edit: Ah, I see Jim beat me to it, and he knows WAY, WAY more about the subject than I do.

S.

My point was that there are places where there really would be no autogen worth mentioning...arid deserts and mountains.  It'd be nice to identify those BlueSky tiles and install them alongside of the Orbx areas that need autogen.

But, if some dev (LM or Dovetail) ever solves that Photoreal vs. Autogen problem it will be huge.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Thanks for the lessons fellas.  About the only thing i miss is the trees... I know you kinda sorta can get PR like results with a higher mesh. I run FSGenesis for USA for the rest of non BlueSky area, and that was a bit better, but nothing ground breaking... at least I didn't think it was worth what i paid for it.

With my Enviro set up, and just the right weather, Bluesky is stunning on a whole other level at any rate.. even without the trees.

Vid; I'm testing Shadow play, but that will make me get a real video editor.. I leaning to Pinnacle... I've had that in the past so I know how to use it.  Any other suggestions? more pics soon

EDIT: SOLVED - Well, if you set the main monitor to it's highest resolution setting, and set the second monitor to 1 setting BELOW that, FRAPS will record main monitor only, like it should. I just saved 80 bucks.

TMFViewer might come in handy if you want to figure out which tiles to use and which ones to disable. Just drag a .bgl into TMFViewer and it'll read out the coords at the mouse cursor in the status bar (and of course you can also see the actual imagery without firing up the sim). It's in the FSX\SDK\Environment Kit\Terrain SDK folder, just double clcik it and start dragging .bgls into the program.

OK, I'm setting out for KWYS and KJAC this evening myself, back with pics later on, have a nice flight everyone :smile:

OK, I'm setting out for KWYS and KJAC this evening myself, back with pics later on, have a nice flight everyone :smile:

Oh please tell me the time/date... I'll do the same flight plan and we can compare what showed up. That would be cool. As we speak I'm flyingKBIL Direct KJAC.  Jan 14, @ 1900 utc/gmt