Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

Citation II S550 - The (potential) bugs thread

I thought that as we all get to know our CII's, we could post any possible bugs is this thread.

Autopilot

So far, I've noticed the same issues with the autopilot as we had with the PC-12 when released.  ALT, ALT SEL, VS and IAS all seem to get a bit messed up, especially when first engaging the AP.     It is possible, for example, to have both VS and IAS mode engaged, which would never be possible on the real aircraft.    

I can't find a way to adjust VS other than using a default key assignment. Adjusting the altitude only works using the mouse on the gauge on the screen - key commands don't work for this (same as in PC-12), which is frustrating as the clickspot for adjusting altitude is very small, so very fiddly when in flight.          

When certain AP modes are turned on, the selected altitude disappears from the gauge altogether.

All the issues I had on my first flight were with the vertical/dynamic modes of the AP.     All worked fine with HDG, NAV, APPR, etc.

As already pointed out in another thread, the Altitude selector shows "Vertical Speed Hold" on the tool tips in FSX (definite bug).

t is possible, for example, to have both VS and IAS mode engaged, which would never be possible on the real aircraft.

I don't have this model, but if their previous offerings are anything to go by, systems-wise it's just a default FSX plane dressed up in a pretty skin.   So "IAS" probably means autothrottle... 

I don't have this model, but if their previous offerings are anything to go by, systems-wise it's just a default FSX plane dressed up in a pretty skin.   So "IAS" probably means autothrottle... 

No, that was true up until their PC-12, but that aircraft (and this one), have a true IAS mode that adjusts pitch, and no longer 'fudges' the FSX autothrottle.  

It holds speed perfectly, but the only issue with it is, that when you engage it, the briefly 'levels' the plane, and then goes back to the airspeed it was at when you engaged the mode.    It's annoying because apart from that strange temporary 'level', it really does a great job at holding speed . adjusting pitch.

IAS mode aside, it does indeed use the default AP.    The IAS mode is courtesy of a XML gauge.     Bert Pieke did a great job of patching up the AP in the PC-12, so I'm hoping he's reading this :wink:

...have a true IAS mode that adjusts pitch, and no longer 'fudges' the FSX autothrottle.

Good to know.  I might have a look at this one (and the PC-12) after all.

If you get the PC-12, send Bert Pieke a PM and ask for his AP gauge overhaul.   It literally transforms the AP and makes it almost 100% as functional as the real unit.

EHSI values partially obscured... and the top half of directional values are kinda hidden behind the rest of the gauge and they come to the aircraft heading.  That's the most annoying thing for me

c550ehsi.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yes me too Ryan.  To be honest, I had wondered whether it was a Fonts issue on my own machine, until I saw you mention it earlier.

Bit of a "typical Carenado quality issue" eh?   :lol:

PS.... the Heading Bug could do with being a bit more detailed too...... it has no 'cue mark', so is currently just a big rectangular blob.

I also noticed the 2d pop up of the FMS.. the box size constraints are messed up... unreadable due to that. Anyone else have this??

Best, Jeff

No, that was true up until their PC-12, but that aircraft (and this one), have a true IAS mode that adjusts pitch, and no longer 'fudges' the FSX autothrottle.  

IAS mode aside, it does indeed use the default AP.    The IAS mode is courtesy of a XML gauge.     Bert Pieke did a great job of patching up the AP in the PC-12, so I'm hoping he's reading this :wink:

Bert is reading this, but does not have the airplane..

Bert

Update on FMS issue... I just loaded the Citation in DX9 mode as I was using DX10 earlier, and the issue disappeared. Interesting. Anyway, I thought someone might like to have this info if they experience the same in DX10. 

Best, Jeff

In trying to familiarize myself with VC I noticed there doesn't seem to be much in the way of a fuel management system.  I know the levers on the throttle console essentially act as fuel cut-offs, but even single engine Cessnas have a fuel on/off and usually a crossfeed capability.   Can it be that the real Citation doesn't........??

Well, had to go to the Eaglesoft bird to locate the fuel selector in this one.......in my VC it's tucked behind the Circuit Breaker panel such that it appears to be unusable.  Glad to know there is one I guess....... B)

Guest BeaverDriver

Ahhh, shooks!   :lol:

Agreed. Wonder if he'd (Bert) be open to a bit of bribery :P ...

Hhhmmnnn....  :wink:

In trying to familiarize myself with VC I noticed there doesn't seem to be much in the way of a fuel management system.  I know the levers on the throttle console essentially act as fuel cut-offs, but even single engine Cessnas have a fuel on/off and usually a crossfeed capability.   Can it be that the real Citation doesn't........??

Dear Ronfor1,

This is a quote from Airplanedriver.net:

"The fuel system on the 500 series Citations is a simple one by most standards.  The Citation has two "Wet Wing" type fuel tanks, one left, and one right.  During normal operation each engine is supplied with fuel from it's own tank.  The left tank feeds the left engine, and the right tank feeds the right engine.  The left and right fuel tanks are mirror images of each other.  They are connected by two crossfeed valves and a crossfeed manifold allowing one or both engines to draw fuel only from the tank desired when crossfeed is selected.  These valves are DC powered and will remain in their last position if Main DC Bus power is lost.  Each tank has one 28 Volt DC electrically driven fuel boost pump, a primary ejector pump, and two secondary ejector pumps.

Lets assume that we wish to use fuel from only the left tank. Select "LH Tank" with the crossfeed selector.  This will do the following:

1.  The left electric fuel pump will come ON and

the right electric fuel pump will turn off.

2.  The left primary ejector pump will remain ON.

3.  The crossfeed valves will open.

4.  In 3 sec the RH motive flow shutoff valve will close, disabling the RH primary ejector pump.

This results in 2 fuel pumps operating in the left tank and no fuel pumps operating in the right tank.  The left tank will then supply fuel to any engines that are running.  A small amount of fuel (very small) will transfer from the left to the right tank by going thru the crossfeed valves, the right fuel filter, and into the right tank via the right secondary ejector pumps.  In flight this transfer is not significant.  It may be used on the ground, however,  to equalize the fuel in the tanks prior to start.  This should be done only with an external power source, as the battery may become discharged.

To stop the crossfeed, turn the crossfeed switch to the off, (vertical) position.  This will do the following:

1.  Remove power from the motive flow shutoff valve, allowing it to open.

2.  Close the crossfeed valves.

3.  Turn off the boost pump that was turned on when we first selected crossfeed."

Hope that helps some.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument