Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

Citation II S550 - The (potential) bugs thread

I didn't know there was a click spot for it.

I will revisit and attempt to find it.

Thanks for letting me know!!

There isn't a click spot on the throttles themselves - it's the metal pins that run vertically, in front of the throttles.   Easy to find and access them using TrackIR, but I can imagine it is more of a pain without it.

Anyone else seeing this?  Three green with gear up?

c550gearupgreen.jpg

Pressurization controller....I can get it to work in the air...thanks for that.

Works on the ground you just have to click and hold for a few seconds then you'll be able to drag it.  

EDIT: Disregard... the lights out case is just dimmer

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Can anyone verify that the engine shut down sound will only play for you the first time you shut down the engines. If you start the aircraft back up and fly a second leg, at the conclusion of that second leg and you cut the fuel the start up engine sound plays again over and over. Seems as though for me this is repeatable in FSX and P3D.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

I have been playing around with this plane for the last 2 hours. Do note, I have never used an FMS, most of the time was trying to figure it out. 

- This is the only time I have ever had a simulator crash while using P3D v2.4. Over a two hour period, I had one crash using the FMS P3D just shut down, A second time I lost all ability to zoom in and out, and a third time I had a crash while on final. Anybody else experiencing software crashes while using this plane?

- I figured out how to get the plane to fly certain altitudes, I couldn't get any vnav functionality to work. Whenever I got into an approach I could not fly to a point without the vertical guidance locking up, I chose the hand fly and given the weather being to minimums today I had a good time. 

- A positive- I think the handling characteristics are okay, takeoff distances seem to be normal, touchdowns seem somewhat similar to real life. I have flown a couple times as a passenger in a 550 and I felt like this is somewhat accurate to what I recall. 

- I'm a little bit disappointed that I spent this much. I want to be able to use this plane with Pilotedge but it is too buggy in its current state. I really hope they can come out with a decent update, especially for the fms and autopilot. 

AMD 5800X | Nvidia 3090 FE | Samsung CRG9 49 inch monitor | Samsung M.2 NVMe 1TB|  3, 1TB SSDs| 32GB DDR4 @3600 cl 16| Windows 10|X-plane 11, MS2020

Okay I spent another two hours. Now I'm not disappointed. there is a glitch with the altitude selector, it says it is the vertical speed selector but its the altitude, anyhow. After reading the manual and figuring out what it is, I am a happy camper!

I didn't have any crashes the second two hours. I figured out how to load the fms, I can confidently fly a route now!

This plane is very flyable in its current state and I am happy. Some of the small glitches could be fixed. 

I can't get the pressurization knob to turn for anything. 

I can't figure out how to get the autopilot to fly ascend and descend to the altitudes matches with each waypoint. 

Turns out most of my problems were user error, go figure

AMD 5800X | Nvidia 3090 FE | Samsung CRG9 49 inch monitor | Samsung M.2 NVMe 1TB|  3, 1TB SSDs| 32GB DDR4 @3600 cl 16| Windows 10|X-plane 11, MS2020

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/459964-two-useful-tips-for-the-citation-ii/

Always good to read the user tips, before checking out a Carenado add-on;  to get advance warning of allthe bugs...  :lol:

you the man Craig. Thanks  :rolleyes:

I can't get the pressurization knob to turn for anything

No issues with pressurization Alt set or Rate knobs.

Weather radar seems to work well (ARC mode).

FMC loading correct latest Nav database.

Only issue I've noticed so far is the EHSI numbers are partially covered ... but I notice the same issue in the EFIS.pdf image provide by Carenado.

Even Ventana_1 (aka Window for those that don't speak spanish) works ... however, not sure what Ventana_2 references as there is no right seat window?

This aircraft includes A LOT for $45, impressed so far.

Cheers, Rob.

No issues with pressurization Alt set or Rate knobs.

Weather radar seems to work well (ARC mode).

Even Ventana_1 (aka Window for those that don't speak spanish) works ... howeve

Only issue I've noticed so far is the EHSI numbers are partially covered ... but I notice the same issue in the EFIS.pdf image provide by Carenado.

r, not sure what Ventana_2 references as there is no right seat window?

This aircraft includes A LOT for $45, impressed so far.

Cheers, Rob.

Hello Rob,

Are you impressed enough to make a second video? Ha.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Rob, when you say this aircraft offers "A LOT," can you expand on that a bit, the Citations are my favorite little jets, especially the 2 and Bravo (for SP operations), so I'd like to know a bit more.  I am pretty familiar with Carenado products, and they often fall just short of that "I'm impressed" factor, so I'm looking to get a little more info on this one.  Thanks!

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Are you basing this on data in the FMC or the date that is displayed when powering up.

Their previous FMC (B1900 I believe) has a fake date..

Bert

Are you impressed enough to make a second video?

Did get to do a full flight today ... was setting up my GoFlight gear, but I did get that done (not fully tested so there maybe a few quirks here and there -- I'll update later with fixes).  But I will get a video done this week.

In the mean time here is my first cut at GoFlight modules: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw0Q-fAfEZwyWmxiQmxuV3QwU1k/view?usp=sharing

As always, backup your originals.

But weather radar works (gain, range, etc.), limited FMC but it works, EFIS is different but mostly works ... used Data for BRG cycle, Pos for EHSI cycle and STA for MAP/GFX cycle.  Engine shutdown and startup took some testing but seems to work well with the MESM.  Most of the SECM is mapped too.

Their previous FMC (B1900 I believe) has a fake date

Oh, in that case I need to test this ... but Feb 2015 ... hmmm, think I'm still on Dec 2014 ... so either their own internal or is not a real database date.

Rob, when you say this aircraft offers "A LOT," can you expand on that a bit

I'll do a video later this week ... it's not MJC Q400/CS 777/A320 depth but it's the most complex Carenado product I have used to date. 

Cheers, Rob.

When I am in a long flight, with the autopilot engaged and the sim sped up to 16x, the engines randomly shut down, and the controls get locked up. This happens only ocasionaly, maybe like every other flight or so. It is really anoying. I really enjoy the aircraft & it's model and it works great, exept for this.

Help please!

This may have been noted before:

- The Pitch wheel on the autopilot is reversed

- The GEN switches do not activate with the mouse wheel

Bert

My first observations conclude that there's much work still to do.

The "autopilot" is a bit of a mess as everyone has observed already - altitudes and IAS control isn't there in any meaningful way.

So far as I can see,  the system will hold a track but nothing more.( I haven't tried an ILS approach.)

The engine is underpowered , appears to be excessively laggy and I query some engine fan readings.  

The take off roll is long and climb rates are too poor.

At the same time fuel usage is too great making anything like the theoretical range of 1900 nms unachievable.

I'm sure that a patch or two will fix things but for the moment it's more money down the drain.