Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

Citation II S550 - The (potential) bugs thread

It'll be interesting to see how many of these they ACTUALLY address. Out of the 27 bugs Glenn included in his list, I'd say about 9 have affected me in the 3-4 hours of pattern work and short hops I've spent in the Citation already. I'd hope for 15-18 to get fixed and then for GTN integration to come sometime later (after the Hawker?).

I buy because I love fast GA, and bizjets fit that category. Also, all the current options are lite products (except ES but their products are very dated on the aesthestics department). F1 Mustang is good but uber slow.

Carenando allows me to slap in a rxp or GTN gauge - with awesome visuals it allows me to feel like I'm there. Just those bugs though!!!

PMDG wrecked it for everyone.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I don't agree that PMDG wrecked this segment of the market. Carenado wrecked it for themselves when they failed to produce a Citation II that matched the functionality and fidelity of an aircraft released 5 years ago.

Chris Trott

PMDG should do a biz jet ;)

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

PMDG should do a biz jet ;)

Sort of already have. BBJ2 is for most practical purposes a 737-800 and the BBJ3 a 737-900ER.

First service pack out!

Thanks Wendall.   Hmmmm, my Bert Pieke service pack (and a couple of my own tweaks) address most of those, so I'm not sure I'll install this SP yet, until I know that Bert's mods can still work placed back on top of this.

Thanks Wendall.   Hmmmm, my Bert Pieke service pack (and a couple of my own tweaks) address most of those, so I'm not sure I'll install this SP yet, until I know that Bert's mods can still work placed back on top of this.

Seems to work OK, just install my latest "EHSI SP1" update after installing SP1.

Bert

Guest BeaverDriver

OK, SP installed. Let's see how we did:

1.    EADI numbers unreadable  FIXED
2.    Avionics Power on w/o inverter or AC on  NOT FIXED
3.    Pitch Thumbwheel reversed direction  FIXED
4.    Cabin Alt setting knob doesn’t react until many turns w/mouse wheel  NOT FIXED
5.    Gyro Pressure (should be suction) reads 0 at all times NOT FIXED
6.    IAS Mach readouts not the same between L & R airspeed indicators  NOT FIXED
7.    Can select both IAS and V/S modes at same time on Autopilot  NOT FIXED
8.    No GTN Integration  NOT FIXED (ALREADY HAVE BERT'S VERSION SO NOT SURE ABOUT THIS, BUT I DIDN'T SEE ANY NEW GTN INSTALL ROUTINES WITH THIS SP)
9.    Oxygen Pressure well below green on gauge  NOT FIXED
10.    Hot Starts – right to the top of the gauge  FIXED
11.    Primary altimeter in HPa only  NOT FIXED
12.    STD PRESS does not work on Primary Altimeter  NOT FIXED
13.    Unable to obtain normal cruising altitudes except at light weights (aircraft should go AT LEAST to FL350 from a GW takeoff)  PARTIALLY FIXED (* I noted someone somewhere said you rarely see these aircraft above FL280 or so on Flight Aware. Not sure what version of Flight Aware they are looking at, but they need to take a flight that's about midway on a longish leg. Rarely do you see them UNDER FL370 when going for more than a 1.5 hour flight - I still only made FL310 in my test flight tonight - I consider this still not fixed)
14.    Altitude alerter sounds 300 ft and 0 ft below target altitude. Should be -1000 and -300 feet below target altitude  NOT FIXED (*Correction to my earlier assessment - alt alerter sounds at -1000 and at target altitude. Should NOT sound at target altitude - IRL your alerter would be constantly going off)
15.    Cannot attain full power from the engines at SL, even in cold air - UNCLEAR
16.    No aural advance altitude alert sound when descending to a target altitude. If descending from 5000 to 3000 for instance, you don’t get an alert at 4000. Only at 3000, which is also wrong as it should be at 3300 ft. NOT FIXED
17.    Aural Glideslope warnings are triggered when ABOVE GS. You should only get them when below the GS  FIXED OR ERRONEOUS REPORT
18.    Engines do not completely shut down, despite using the fuel cutoff switches on the thrust levers, the keyboard shortcut or the throttle quadrant mixture levers. The engines continue to idle indefinitely at 15% N1 (no wind condition).  NOT FIXED
19.    No Stall warning sound/stick shaker  NOT FIXED
20.    Cabin altitude and Aircraft Altitude alignments (to each other) are waaaay off  NOT FIXED
21.    Gear lights show green when up. Should be off.  NOT FIXED
22.    Zero reference speeds for takeoff and landing (V1, Vr, V2, Vapp, Vref, etc.)  FIXED (AND WELL DONE)
23.    “FD” display in magenta on PFD is incorrect. That indicates it has failed – should be extinguished when it’s working, or (on some versions) on but in green. Magenta/red indicates a failure  NOT FIXED
24.    EHSI course needle disappears off side of display when straying too far from course. It should remain within the display area so pilot knows which way he has to turn to return to the course  NOT FIXED
25.    Fuel Qty gauges do not have a “x’s 100” label. It is misleading as it is now  FIXED OR ERRONEOUS REPORT (SUSPECT THE LATTER)
26.    Heading Bug detent to indicate heading is not clear enough. Can’t tell what it is actually pointing to (even if you could read the EADI numbers – reported in last bug report) NOT FIXED, BUT ACCURATE (LOOK FOR NOTCH IN BUG - SMALL BUT THERE)
27.    Landing Gear Warning horn Mute button does not work  NOT FIXED

That's 6 fixed, 19 not fixed and 2 either unclear or erroneous reports. I'll let you decide if this aircraft is worth the $45 USD it cost. Unless there's an SP2 (and that's a big one), I won't be looking at any further Carenado products of this class. Certainly not for $45. My feeling is they should go back to the piston pounders and simpler systems until they get at least decently proficient at coding more sophisticated systems. FWIW

Did you sent this list to Carenado before the SP?, they're pretty "close minded" and they just want to fix what they want...or easier things like the reversed US flag, ha...now send this new list and see what they say...

13.    Unable to obtain normal cruising altitudes except at light weights (aircraft should go AT LEAST to FL350 from a GW takeoff)  PARTIALLY FIXED (* I noted someone somewhere said you rarely see these aircraft above FL280 or so on Flight Aware. Not sure what version of Flight Aware they are looking at, but they need to take a flight that's about midway on a longish leg. Rarely do you see them UNDER FL370 when going for more than a 1.5 hour flight - I still only made FL310 in my test flight tonight - I consider this still not fixed)

I completely agree with this, that's why I tweaked the engine numbers to achieve a FL400 with no prob...

Seems to work OK, just install my latest "EHSI SP1" update after installing SP1.

Bert was this by PM only, "just install my latest "EHSI SP1" update?"

Bert was this by PM only, "just install my latest "EHSI SP1" update?"

Send me a PM with your email address if you would like a copy.

Bert

Next bug (reported to Carenado):

The standby altimeter incorrectly displays the Baro setting when traversing
a 100 boundary.  It goes:

Bert

I am seeing an issue where the AC won't stay stable in altitude at cruise.  Was at default weights, trying to cruise at FL320, and it kept swinging up and down 200 to 300', with rates going up at down up to 1000fpm, and it never settled in.   Did not see this previously, have not had it in other AC before . . .

Joe Lorenc