Sign in to follow this  
JanekBln

S550 with ISG FMS

FINAL ISG V1.5 released,

whats new:

*TOGA sets only in air the "after Takeoff checklist" and resets only in air back to map after doubleklick

*MFD Checklist now better left right click logic

*add Flight information page in MFD (special for raymar)

*add GIMP data to edit checklist

If you find no errors with this version, it will be the last before Carenado releases the Navigraph version.

For the non isg pilots I'm still waiting with the mfd checklist until carenado releases the new version.

Then I'll decide if I adding "virtual mfd checklist" to this new version with all non ISG improvements. Its depends from my free time and motivation :o

Last pics:

k5cfwgxxcym.jpg

tn84fo4glj6d.jpg

I hope you enjoy it with the mod to fly....

Cheers Janek

Wow, quick release. I did not even get a chance to try version 1.4 before 1.5 was ready! Thank you very much.

Interesting.  I did not know about these gauges from ISG.  I assume that they are really good,  Navigraph updatable too, very nice.  With my move to FSX-SE I need to replace my RealityXP and these can be a candidate.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Interesting. I did not know about these gauges from ISG. I assume that they are really good, Navigraph updatable too, very nice. With my move to FSX-SE I need to replace my RealityXP and these can be a candidate.

Most folks find the Flight1 GTN units more than suitable replacements for their Reality XP units.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

GTN is good for the RealityXP direct replace, but if you're looking to do a 1-for-1 swap between the Carenado "default" and something better, then the ISG is better.  Also, with the ISG you're getting an entire suite that will allow you to update a lot of your freeware and older payware models with better FMS and MFD displays without a lot of manual work (as there are templates available).  While the ISG guages are designed for 2D panels and are flat in VCs, they work very well even today and I more than accept the minor loss in visual realism for the much improved navigation realism since I can update airplanes that are modeled for a specific era with no FMS to how they're operated today with at least a GPS or even FMC for no impact or loss of "immersion" in the VC itself since the FMC becomes a pop-up.

Chris Trott

Interesting.  I did not know about these gauges from ISG.  I assume that they are really good,  Navigraph updatable too, very nice.  With my move to FSX-SE I need to replace my RealityXP and these can be a candidate.

Rather go for the Flight1 GTN, if money does not play a role. The ISG is an alternative, but if I compare the ISG GNS XLS to the PMDG GNS XLS that they build into their J41 there is still a load of features missing in the ISG.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Rather go for the Flight1 GTN, if money does not play a role

My understanding is that the Flight 1 model does not support crossfill, cannot use .fln and is not Navigraph update-able.  I will definitely look harder if I want to have a almost real modern GPS, versus saving some times with the ISG version.  I have very limited time for simming, and I have no idea how much time I will have to spend working the GPS before flying.  Yes, I know it's not hardcore realistic, but I gotta balance the time ;-)

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Get his mod, guys. It's really awesome and the usability added by the extra clickspots alone is worth getting it. Great work from Janek!

Hi JanekBin this looks awesome....   and I'm thinking of getting yhe ISG panels..   can you send me your MODS please.  The C550 could be great with your help and it seems that everybody here are loving your work...

cheers

aerostar

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

Dear S550 Captains,

contrary to expectations, I have again a new version completed. With information from Raymar and CJJockey we have improved some things and added new.

*more then 21 Checklists now avail & one flight Information page all inside the MFD (VC and 2d popup)

*Checklist right spelling and checked from RL captain

*new "Quick turn " checklist

*new "normal climb N1" REF page

*REF pages redesign
*Flight Info page redesign and add new values

*add ATC callsign when MAP is visible in MFD

*TOGA set HDG bug when airborne in actual direction
*MFD Klick logic and buttons improved
*LNAV LOC bug fixed
*GTN panel version inside, with klickspot solution

*S550.cfg TOD, TOC indication improved

*Red me file updated

check your mailbox......

Thank you once again a wonderful mod.

On the info page of the MFD in the 2D popup the last line is on the gauge and not on the screen. Not sure that info is required personally.

Is there any way you can give us our time till exhaustion in the fuel information. I know it will only be a snapshop of current conditions but it would be helpful when trying to extend the range of the S550 on long flights.

/r

Hi

I try to add this, good idea.

The problem with the last line, please try to resize the 2d popup. It's not easy to verify, because in my reg it's visible in the screen. I think it depends on the sim and the window size.

The smartest way to fix is to set new variables in the panel.cfg for the popup. I send you a new panel.cfg later this evening after my shift is done :-(