Sign in to follow this  
Guest BeaverDriver

Reference Speeds?

Guest BeaverDriver

Has anyone found the V-Speeds table for this aircraft? I've looked through all my manuals and can't find them.

Thanks.

I don't see them either with the included documents. I can get something together in the next few days if no one else has them readily available.

I do have an old FlightSafety checklist on the SII handy. I will get it scanned tomorrow and try to put something together. This checklist does not have emergency procedures, but I can come up with that also in a little bit of time.

Has anyone found the V-Speeds table for this aircraft? I've looked through all my manuals and can't find them.

Thanks.

Carenado only included about 3 speeds in the Limations. I think I have them, what would you like to know?

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Guest BeaverDriver

That's what I was afraid of. How do you fly a jet without at least baseline V-Speeds (V1, Vr, V2)?? You're completely guessing otherwise. In a Citation they may not vary that much by conditions, but they will by weight.

@Ray, thanks, but I really need the above mentioned speeds. Without it, you are flying by feel, not by the numbers. That works fine for the most part in a light plane, but not a jet.

@Craig - thanks, don't worry about it for my sake. I just did a flight that told me all I needed to know about this airplane. Man, burnt again. Oh well.

I might do it anyway for the community's sake as I did for the Phenom.

I don't know why we are so surprised each time Carenado releases a jet at this point. They are not known for systems modeling or performance accuracy.

Overall I am OK with the purchase. I am yet to fly a flight by the numbers to see what oddities arise, but will probably do that tomorrow.

I just did a flight that told me all I needed to know about this airplane. Man, burnt again. Oh well.

Glenn, I thought your early impressions were favorable.  Sorry to hear that this may be another disappointment for you.

Scott

That's what I was afraid of. How do you fly a jet without at least baseline V-Speeds (V1, Vr, V2)?? You're completely guessing otherwise. In a Citation they may not vary that much by conditions, but they will by weight.

@Ray, thanks, but I really need the above mentioned speeds. Without it, you are flying by feel, not by the numbers. That works fine for the most part in a light plane, but not a jet.

@Craig - thanks, don't worry about it for my sake. I just did a flight that told me all I needed to know about this airplane. Man, burnt again. Oh well.

OK guys, check your PM.

Ray

Link for tables a little further down.

Regards,

Ray

I believe he is looking for the tabulated data regarding weight and temperature that give reference speeds for takeoff and landing. Do you have that data handy?

You must have edited while I was posting.....

Still some specific takeoff data missing.

I believe he is looking for the tabulated data regarding weight and temperature that give reference speeds for takeoff and landing. Do you have that data handy?

You must have edited while I was posting.....

Still some specific takeoff data missing.

Like I told you, the Performance Section of the S550 AFM is 404 pages. There is not a simple table or chart anywhere that I can find. Glenn has everything that I sent you.

Regards,

Ray

They are reference tables in the checklist. I will get the data digitized tomorrow.

They are reference tables in the checklist. I will get the data digitized tomorrow.

Whose checklist? What reference tables. I have digital data I just don't know what you are referring to.

Regards,

Ray

Pilot's checklist. All jets that I have operated have tabulated in this checklist for quick reference in determining power settings and airspeeds based on flap settings, weight, altitude and temperature.

Pilot's checklist. All jets that I have operated have tabulated in this checklist for quick reference in determining power settings and airspeeds based on flap settings, weight, altitude and temperature.

I agree if it is a modern jet. All the 525 series and the 510 Mustang have the S & D and the FPG readily available for free download from Cessna but not for the 1980s and 1990s models. The two tables that I posted cover just about everything for day to day V1 VR V2 and Vref and Vapp speeds for the S550. That is about all I think we are going to find.

BTW. This is a lot more than the Eaglesoftdg flight manual had for ref speeds. The Flight1 Mustang has all of the info because it is up to date and Cessna provides the info for free.

When I attended the Flight Safety CE-500 Type Rating class they gave us everything you could imagine and in color, printed and digital. Of course, you pay dearly for that kind of service.

It is probaly asking a little much to expect much more than we are seeing for a $45 flight sim version of a 1984 Citation S/II.

Regards,

Ray

Sorry ray. I'm not trying to bust your balls, but if you are typed you should know about the tabulated data I am referencing. In the data you posted above, nowhere could I find specific takeoff performance data. I should note that I am on my iPad so maybe it is not showing everything you posted above.