Sign in to follow this  
sunnydaze

Airports not loading

Hi All.

I have noticed on a few occasions that when I land at an airport that is usually quite detailed, that there is just grass runways in between two taxiways and no detail at all,  yet if I reload the plane at that airport, all is back to normal.  What can I check to fix this?   The only thing I have added is "Open Scenery x" which appears at the top of the Scenery_packs.ini

Thanks.

Dennis

Dennis Elliott

That's bizarre, can you paste your scenery_packs.ini file here, maybe there is something odd going on with scenery order, it might also be worth checking the log.txt file inside your X-Plane folder for any errors.

Also, what settings do you have for airport and object detail?

Tony

Airport detail is high,the rest is default except world detail distance is low

Thanks.

Dennis

1000 version
SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/OpenSceneryX/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EBBR Brussels/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDF Frankfurt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDK Cologne/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDM Munich/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDS Stuttgart/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDT Berlin Tegel/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn-Lippstadt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGBB Birmingham/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGKK London-Gatwick/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGLL Heathrow/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGPF Glasgow/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGSS London-Stansted/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EIDW Dublin/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LEBL Barcelona/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LEMD Madrid/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFMN Nice Cote d Azur X/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFPG Paris CDG/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFPO Paris Orly/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LSGG Genf/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Terrain/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/LOWI Demo Area/

Dennis Elliott

Shouldn't it be at or near the bottom of the list?  

If you just remove/delete the 

scenery_packs.ini

file at the bottom and let it rebuild at the next run, it should align properly.

John

John Wingold

Shouldn't it be at or near the bottom of the list?  

Actually, the scenery order looks fine. With OpenSceneryX it doesn't matter where it is, because it's a library and doesn't actually create scenery itself.

I suspect the problem might actually be your world detail distance. I guess X-Plane isn't loading the detail from the airport whilst you are flying to it, but when you reload it, it loads the airport but then doesn't load things far away (i.e. World detail distance). This is just a guess, but I think this is maybe what's going on. Try increasing the distance a little bit and see if it helps you out.

Tony

O K Guys. Setting World detail distance to medium fixed it!

Thanks for the help.

Dennis

Dennis Elliott

Well, it is still doing it,very dissapointing after a flight to have this happen all the time. I have tried all kinds of settings but it makes no difference.  I have fired off an e mail to support to see what they come up with.  I will report back if it gets fixed.

Dennis

Dennis Elliott

Very strange, indeed. It sounds like X-Plane fails to load a new scenery tile when flying near it.

Suggestion to narrow things down - after you land at your "barren" airport, go to the "local map", set it to "textured", then exit again. Are the buildings visible now?

Also, does this only occur for "OpenSceneryX" objects, or are other buildings and objects also affected (try at EDDM, as its a default Aerosoft airport with buildings).

What strikes me as odd, is that you seem to have NO custom airports installed that utilize "OpenSceneryX" objects. So if you download an airport that does so, it would have to show up in your Scenery_packs.ini file, but yours only shows the "default" airports that come with X-Plane.

Suggestion: If you have downloaded an airport that utilizes OpenSceneryX (be aware that this "library" doesn´t populate airports all by itself, you have to have custom airports that utilize it), then completely delete your scenery_packs.ini file, start X-Plane again (now it will rebuild it, automatically incoroporating all custom airports in your "custom scenery" folder).

Jan

It seems to be O K now?

I am not sure what made the difference but I changed my display... "objects"and "roads" ...to ."some" or "low"...(both were on zero before), and then I deleted my "Scenery_packs.ini" file ,and when I checked it later it had changed the order of things.   I think my "Global atrports" were being over written and not re loading during the flight. Not sure really,but it's working fine now.

Thanks for the help guys.

Dennis

Dennis Elliott

O K.

The fix for this problem was to go into the nVidia Control panel and change "Threaded Optimization" from auto to OFF. That fixed it. It was a solution I found elseware on this forum.

Just wanted to let you know it is resolved.

Thanks.

Dennis

Dennis Elliott