Sign in to follow this  
stonelance

Flight Toolkit 1.1.3

http://www.flighttoolkit.com/Downloads/FlightToolkit_1_1_3.zip

Changes:

- Changed writing of floating point numbers in SimProp to be culture invariant (always write with decimal points instead of commas).

- Added versioning support in FSX conversion to allow for incremental updates.

- Fixed bug in MDL conversion that would allow converting LODs that were empty.

- Updated LOD numbers during MDL conversion to use the actual radius of the model.

- Fixed some threading issues in Addon Builder when the Flight configuration selection dialog is displayed.

Try rerunning the FSX conversion with this new version.  You don't need to delete any of the old temp conversion files, it should automatically delete the ones that it needs to regenerate.  Don't forget to run Addon Manager afterwards and re-enable the addon after conversion.

Please let me know if you run into any issues.  I didn't test it heavily yet.

Thanks stonelance, the new version work well, and Tokyo no longer crashes.

A couple of questions if I may:

I see many bridges missing, will it be possible to convert those in future, or hack in some road segments or generic bridges to fill the gaps?

I enjoy free flight, but might it be possible to get 'jobs' working in future, to provide some goal in flying between airfields?

Thanks Steve! Currently rerunning the conversion, hopefully it works. I've noticed that the Addon Builder is extremely slow, is it just me or is everyone having this problem?

I enjoy free flight, but might it be possible to get 'jobs' working in future, to provide some goal in flying between airfields?

Possible, but will take some time since creating missions requires a Mission Editor. I've tried with .XML but  something like the Object Placement Tool in FSX is required.

Thanks, compiling the weather themes works fine now for me!

Unfortunately I had deleted the FSX temp conversion files and when trying to run the conversion again, it complains that the file "path\to\temp\FSX World\OutputStatus.txt" can't be found. Do I have to uninstall the addon before running the conversion?

Possible, but will take some time since creating missions requires a Mission Editor. I've tried with .XML but  something like the Object Placement Tool in FSX is required.

I think the existing missions should also work, but the converted airports are probably lacking the required parking spots.

I think the existing missions should also work, but the converted airports are probably lacking the required parking spots.

Probably. However, Proximity triggers also need to be set up.

majuh: It should be handling a missing OutputStatus.txt, but it looks like the writing may fail if the directory doesn't exist.  I'll fix that for the next version, but in the mean time you can create a "FSX World" folder under the path that you choose as the output folder and it should unblock you.

winjimon: I'm guessing the bridges you are talking about are the extrusion bridges.  Ideally I would convert them to VectorScenery bridges in Flight, but that would require me figuring out the vector format.  I might be part of the way there already, so it could be possible if we are lucky.  The other option would be to convert them to landmark objects during conversion, but that would require reimplementing all the code in FSX that renders the bridges.

I thought job missions would work on these new airports.  Are they not working?  I might be able to look into why, but I don't know the missions system very well.

majuh: It should be handling a missing OutputStatus.txt, but it looks like the writing may fail if the directory doesn't exist.  I'll fix that for the next version, but in the mean time you can create a "FSX World" folder under the path that you choose as the output folder and it should unblock you.

I thought job missions would work on these new airports.  Are they not working?  I might be able to look into why, but I don't know the missions system very well.

Yep, creating the folder "FSX World" worked for me. I can confirm the game doesn't crash in Tokyo anymore.

It says there are no jobs available at the new airports. The DisplayRequirements for the PaxCharter2-4 mission for example look like this:

return (runway_surface_present('CONCRETE') or

... or

runway_surface_present('TARMAC')) and

(parking_type_present('RAMP_GA') or

parking_type_present('RAMP_GA_SMALL') or

parking_type_present('RAMP_GA_MEDIUM') or

parking_type_present('RAMP_GA_LARGE') or

parking_type_present('RAMP_CARGO'))

So I guess parking_type_present always returns false for the new airports.

Found the problem.  Apparently Flight uses a new airport summary format and I wasn't converting them.  This new version can convert the airport summaries to the Flight format, and now jobs are working in a large portion of the FSX airports:

Thanks, generic jobs work fine now!

Flight Toolkit 1.1.6 or 1.1.2 do not launch Flight in NonGFWL mode (Unmodified or OfficialGFWL are OK for running Flight).

I just downloaded all my purchased Flight + Hawai + Alaska using the last gfwlsetup into my new Dell XPS 27 (Windows 8.1).

In NonGFWL mode : the Microsoft Flight windows appears then the message "do not respond" (ne répond pas) is displayed and stay here.

I have do an uninstall of the Flight Toolkit using the configuration panel before reinstalling it several times.

Thanks for advice.

OK, uninstalling all the stuff, Flight, toolkit ... Reinstalling, running with LIVE connected. All fine (without the toolkit).

I have Flight 1.1.130063 with Hawai Alaska - Icon A5, Boeing Stearmann PT-17, Van's RV-6A, Red Tails P-51