Sign in to follow this  
redfire66

Problem with EZDOC

Been using EZDOC for a while with PMDG 737NG without problems.  Just recently installed Aerosoft AirbusX EX.  When setting up inside cockpit it works OK  but when I switch to outside views (Aircraft)  all I see is just the cockpit part of the airplane.  If I keep switching back and forth from inside to outside views sometimes the whole aircraft appears.  Even with camera views imported from the Aerosoft website the same thing happens.  Its probably something simple that I am missing, but what?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Bob

Make sure when you get a new plane or when you make new cameras that you click on the icon to configure. If you don't you will see the skeleton.

Many thanks jetsmell, that was it.  Dont know why, but I clean forgot to use the config.  It's often the simple obvious things that we overlook!   Thanks again.

Bob

I was too quick to say that the problem was solved.  Today had the same problem.  When I change views from inside the cockpit to outside using the EZDOC studio there is no problem, but when using button on joystick I only see the cockpit part of the aircraft as a white shape.  

Inside fmc is option to turn of Aerosofts views - I have them turned off - was confusing my Ezdoc.

Look on Aerosofts site people where deleting camera entries in the aircraft.cfg file to make Ezdoc work - never went down that road, if you do make backups.

Denis B

Made sure the "VIEWS" option is turned off but still have problems.  Now when I switch to outside views the camera is looking up in the sky, but no such position has been set.  If I repeatedly switch sometimes it works correctly!  Also a new oddity has emerged, when I use my joystick button for increase flaps as well as lowering flaps it switches to the outside wing view.  No idea whats happening.  Has anyone?

Bob

Look at your key binding. The same button to raise/lower flaps is the same key to switch views.

I have button 5 to increase flaps and button 6 to decrease flaps on my saitek pro joystick, in any case on the PMDG 737 all is working perfectly.  Is that what you mean?

Mostly.    If button 5 is flaps down is FSX , AND next view in Ezdok, then the problem will happen. You need to make flaps (or any button) in FSX a DIFFRENT key than in Ezdok. Then all will be fine.

I have all that correct, different buttons for different actions.  I am inputting the button presses through FSUIPC.  I wonder if that is messing things up.  I come back to the fact that everything works ok on all my other aircraft, all operated through FSUIPC.

THanks for your interest!

I do not know, most likely not. I am also having the cockpit skeleton issue, so Im just monitoring this thread til a fix comes up.

I have the same problem of hitting the external view button and it looks straight up at sky until you hit it the second time.  Aerosoft forums suggested deleting the EZdok profile for the airbus and then redoing each view.  But to no avail.   I think we are just stuck hitting it twice.  Not a huge deal but wish there was a fix. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezca-1185-beta-available-for-download_topic51089.html

I'm not running pdmg so cannot comment on your issues, however there is a 1.18.5 beta ver avaible for ezdoc which you could consider, or read about the updates to see if it helps, dont for get to back up your existing files before,

Link to forum above.

Bob