Sign in to follow this  
pracines

An impressive FSX-SE report

Jim, the most common error with ai models is NTDLL errors and are terrible to trouble shoot, similar to nvddm 401 errors.

G3d.dll errors usually relate to missing scenery objects, and Orbx is king in this area. With fsuipc intercepting these g3d errors, using Orbx became tolerable. But I am sure Pete could elaborate more.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I'm planning to re-fly my original flight this weekend that also crashed near Greenland, this time with the latest FSUIPC beta patch.

FWIW, I've never used AI in FSX, all of my traffic sliders are always at zero. I know that there have been several reports that the other common crash in FSX-SE, (caused by G3D.dll) may be related to corrupt AI models. In my 45 hours flying with SE, I have not experienced the G3D crash, which may be due to the fact that I do not use AI.

I was curious what weather program you are using (if any)? Since SE was released, I have been using FSGRW on all of my flights, but it has some issues that make me a bit nervous - specifically white flashes in the sky and ground textures every few minutes whenever the weather updates. I have just gone back to Opus, which I had shelved several months ago when ASN came out. I have to admit that I am quite surprised and pleased at the advances that have been made in Opus since I last used it - many new features and stability improvements - and no graphics artifacts in flight. I will be using OpusFSI when I re-fly the FP near Greenland, as it works perfectly in SE.

Hmmm, OK. I've been using a World of AI traffic in the past, and the majority of my crashes have been a g3d.dll crash with a simultaneous terrain.dll crash, and it would be rare to have a single, lone terrain.dll crash. I'm going to uninstall my AI completely, keep my sliders at zero as they were this recent flight, and then keep trying these flights until I can reproduce a terrain.dll crash.

Since ASN has been out of commission, I've been using REX, but that weather engine has given me SOOOO many headaches. Once ASN is back, I'm never going to use REX weather ever again.

What gives with this Steam Edition? First, it was that dreaded terrain.dll that brought the sim CTS in the last 1-2 hours of a flight. Now, I get it CTD with a G3d.dll error just pushing back. Talk about frustration. Any ideas, anyone what would throw this error now?  Using UK2000 Scenery's EGCC Xtreme.

What gives with this Steam Edition?

I am %100 positive that DTG is working on a fix. Enough people have been reporting the errors to them.

Looks like my MS FSX version is looking pretty good right around now!

What gives with this Steam Edition? First, it was that dreaded terrain.dll that brought the sim CTS in the last 1-2 hours of a flight. Now, I get it CTD with a G3d.dll error just pushing back. Talk about frustration. Any ideas, anyone what would throw this error now?  Using UK2000 Scenery's EGCC Xtreme.

UK2000's EGCC Xtreme and the EGLL Xtreme V3 both work very well in FSX-SE here, so it isn't the scenery. It must surely be something in your settings or other add-ons? These errors aren't new ones, they are old FSX ones which have plagued many folks, it seems, for 8 years. I suspect they are being 'resurrected' because folks are being perhaps a little over-ambitious with the re-vitalised version.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

UK2000's EGCC Xtreme and the EGLL Xtreme V3 both work very well in FSX-SE here, so it isn't the scenery. It must surely be something in your settings or other add-ons? These errors aren't new ones, they are old FSX ones which have plagued many folks, it seems, for 8 years. I suspect they are being 'resurrected' because folks are being perhaps a little over-ambitious with the re-vitalised version.

Pete

I am using the same settings as I used in my DVD version and so far I have not had any errors. Also UK2000 airports working fine here too.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

You could well be on the right track, Pete & Julian.

I had read your G3d.dll link to scenery issues, earlier, Julian, and then I twigged that I had indeed pushed all the scenery sliders to the max. So, that could have triggered that G3d.dll CTD.

My fault. Reverted back to defaults. Now.....................................if I could only find a solution to aircraft bouncing every time I change views to Outside Locked.

Even you do not have ORBX ObjectFlow.dll enabled, ORBX region will still try to load custom objects etc.  It's better to wait.  I only use ORBX global and Vector at the moment and I have no crash whatsoever.  I have not done 4-6 hr flight yet but I will this week-end to see if there is any issue.  I have just installed the PMDG 777 SE edition as well, so I will use it for the long haul test.

I tried the PMDG 777-200LR CYULLFPG after 3 hours of flight time I got the terrain.dll crash.  My FSX-SE is absolutely plain, no add-ons excepted ORBX Global and Vector and FSGenesis mesh.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

My FSXSE g3d CTDs are using the same scenery, aircraft, settings etc as I used with MSFSX. This on a clean install of SE after uninstalling P3DV2 and MS FSX and reformatting the partition.

I've just removed SE and started a clean reinstall of MS FSX because at least it is stable. Also you  can run it without an internet connection.

The only other change I made was to install the latest Nvidia driver before installing SE.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Same here, tired of getting constant crashes terrain.cfg related. At the moment installing the good old fsx. Too bad because I truly believed in fsx-se. Hopefully DTG will fix the problem in the near future.

========================

HAPPY FLYING

Raymond

Glad I did not remove FSX-MS. It may have its OOM issues but at least it does not go CTD every time because of these G3d.dll and terrain.dll issues always same place, same elapsed time into a long flight. I for one am parking this FSX-SE bus. Not worth the hassles.

Glad I did not remove FSX-MS. It may have its OOM issues but at least it does not go CTD every time because of these G3d.dll and terrain.dll issues always same place, same elapsed time into a long flight. I for one am parking this FSX-SE bus. Not worth the hassles.

The disappointing thing is that I have no way to contact DTG support to help them fix this bug.

The disappointing thing is that I have no way to contact DTG support to help them fix this bug.

Report it through the FSX-SE Forum on Steam.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Report it through the FSX-SE Forum on Steam.

Pete

I've done that a couple of weeks ago without any acknowledgment that they even read it. I'll probably just spam all the threads until I get something out of them ;)

We should conclude that Dovetail games is aware of this issue, and is working on a fix.

Apparently the developers of ASN have been dealing with some stability issues in FSX-SE during there testing, and I quote "We have completed the ASConnect re-design, and we are currently ironing out the last remaining issues.  This has been a difficult update, as we've been up against stability and freeze problems in FSX:SE even plain/default without any add-on including ASN.  Fortunately we have been improving stability more each day, Dovetail has been active with updates, and we should be ready to begin official internal beta in the next few days." - Active Sky Next

As it stands now, most cannot complete long haul flights in FSX-SE. For now it's probably best just to wait and see what's included in there next update. Maybe they will release one this month whenever ASN SP2 is released.

Source :

http://hifitechinc.com/

Active Sky Next SP2 News. Published February 1, 2015