Sign in to follow this  
fisheye

Iris software does it again

IRIS Simulation Software

I would like to let everyone know that had sent in an email to Iris about not having a link for updates to my aircraft unless I purchased them again. It seemed I wasn't going to get any answer.  Then after a couple of months, to my surprise I got an email from David that stated that my message had been overlooked and that they were very sorry.  His personal message that stated that because of their over site that they were giving me links to ALL of their aircraft and I was free to download any or all of their offerings for no charge.  This has given me great pleasure to know that in this day and age that there are still people out there that care about their customers.  Kudos to David and Iris that are located in Australia at this link,  www.irissimulations.com.au  Plus they are having a 50% sale for the holidays still on their website page.  Norm

Thanks for sharing this. Stark contrast to a few other developers who thinks the customers are a bunch of #¤"&?! Nice to hear. I'm heading over there now. I've been having a keen eye on the C-27 for some time now.  

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

The IRIS C-27 is now called the "Battlefield Airlifter" must have been a copyright problem using the Spartan name.  I have it and it flies great.  I used the Coast Guard livery and flew at 300 ft. along the San Diego Coastline just off shore looking for surfers that were in trouble.  Smooth as glass and takes a little bit of study to use the startup procedure.  Enjoy, it is also on sale.  fisheye

Their aircraft are fun and very performance friendly. Enjoy

Matthew Kane

C-27 is installed and up and running!

Also found some great freeware on their website. IRIS rocks!

Took their F-20 Tigershark for a low level flight in ORBX FTX Norway. Cruised along @ 1350 kts for 200nm and Prepar3D kept the terrain and autogen up to speed all the way. Lockheed Martin have done an amazing job for sure!

Thanks for sharing this. Stark contrast to a few other developers who thinks the customers are a bunch of #¤"&?

I'd be interested to know which developers you're referring to so the rest of us have an idea who we might want to give more careful consideration to before purchasing from them.

Nice thing to hear about Isis taking care of their customers. I've always regarded them, PMDG, RealAir, and Level-D as having great customer support.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thank you for sharing.  I have never owned an Iris product.   Just had a quick look at there site,   maybe i'm silly but its not the easiest to navigate around,  i can't find any big pics of there aircraft to look at.   :lol:   With the sale i am deffo interested though,  will look some more 

Here ya, some BIG pictures (3840 x 2160) of the C-27 in P3D:

cb3cba894c96c683cad8909ddbfbd998.jpg

1096a20dbcecb0abad87f47f5b3e06d1.jpg

65c25ebe335a6225c2d37ff584a8fe1c.jpg

4f3cb8adb09bb8f79e8ddd71865cd231.jpg

8c45f2839a0eb2e888d4972453ed3392.jpg

Cheers, Rob.

Anyone get/got their Avro Vulcan? Opinions?  I'm keen to get one as the last one was a ported JF offering, which kept continually nose-diving.

lol Thank you Rob.      Its the only way to make a purchase you know,    Systems depth?  Na,  give me big pictures any day :lol:

I'd be interested to know which developers you're referring to so the rest of us have an idea who we might want to give more careful consideration to before purchasing from them.

I'll avoid opening that can of worms, but if you hang around these forums long enough you'll see them pop up from time to time.

I'll avoid opening that can of worms, but if you hang around these forums long enough you'll see them pop up from time to time.

Than why mentioned  that in the first place and  than you go ahead and still refer back to it  again

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Rob,  I tried to find a way to attach a picture to this email but couldn't figure it out from the tools above the reply window.  ???

In answer to Poppet's question on larger pictures, if you click on the small picture of an aircraft on the Iris site you should see a click spot that says MEDIA.  This will bring up thumbnails to click on to see a larger picture or a video like the one below of the Avro Vulcan.  click here:

Than why mentioned  that in the first place and  than you go ahead and still refer back to it  again

Why wouldn't I? It's a matter of personal opinion, so who cares. Make up your own mind. Usaully, if you haven't got anything nice to say about someone, it's better to just shut up.

The point is fisheye has mention something positive about a developer for a change instead of ######ing and complaining about everything that's wrong with this and that. It's a nice gesture, and I showed my support by buying the C-27.  

+++1 simmerhead, well said.

Is there an issue with Iris, because I've just tried to purchase 3 of the Airforce Series,and cannot get past the Confirm Order screen? Keeps going back to screen 2.