Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[24JAN15] FSX:SE Compatibility and Other Juicy News...

Captains-

Okay- we have some pretty significant news for all of you tonight- so tighten up the shoulder straps and let's get started:

FSX-SE Compatibility for PMDG 777-200LR/F and PMDG 777-300ER:

Tonight we have released updates to both of the of our FSX based 777 products in order to make them compatible with both FSX and FSX:Steam Edition.

Given that nobody ever predicted we would have two versions of FSX at the same time- this process required a rather significant overhaul of our installation process, and the PMDG Operations Center in order to make it capable of gracefully handling either FSX, FSX:SE- or... as some would no doubt want:  Both platforms at the same time.

In the process of building this update, we have updated the 777s to version 1.10.6320, which we are calling SP1d...   I want to be absolutely clear that SP1d and SP1c are functionally identical, except for some structural changes that will not impact your use of the software.  (We moved TCAS to make it internal, we changed some internal handling in order to make the 777 functional with FSX:SE- and a bit of other cleanup...)

If you are only running FSX- then this update isn't necessary for you.

If you wish to use the 777s in FSX:SE, then you will need this update. 

Now here is where there is a change you should pay attention to!  In the past we have created update installers that were around 130MB or so- and you simply downloaded these in order to update your installation.  This time, because of the changes we had to make to our installation process in order to account for FSX:SE- you will need to download the entire installer, fresh from our system...  There is no "patch" installer for either the PMDG 777-200LR/F or the PMDG 777-300ER.

Next up, we will be completing conversion of the PMDG BAe JS4100 to make it compatible with FSX and FSX:SE.  We anticipate this process taking a two days, with another couple of days tacked on for functionality testing...

The PMDG 737NGX product line has some important information for FSX and FSX:SE users, but it is a bit further down- so please keep reading...

PMDG 777-200LR/F and PMDG 777-300ER for Prepar3d:

This weekend officially opens the pre-release testing process for our first release to the Lockheed Martin Prepar3d simulation platform.  We are awaiting final approval from Boeing for this release, and we anticipate that we shall receive it within days.  This will clear us to release this product to P3D users once our beta team has signed off that the package is ready.

PMDG 737NGX product line updates for FSX, FSX:S/E and Prepar3d:

We have been a bit coy in providing information on the plans to update the NGX product line in order to add compatibility with P3D- so tonight I will add a bit more detail for you.

The PMDG 737NGX and the PMDG 737-600/700 Expansion have been getting some low rate work behind the scenes in order to move some updates from the 777 development cycle back into the NGX product line.  This update process has accelerated of late, and we found a way to de-conflict the developer time from the upcoming 747-400 release- and this caused the process to leap forward rather quickly.

As of this moment, it is planned to release an FSX/FSX:SE dual compatible update to the NGX that will include (typically) a pretty significant update across the board in terms of functionality and enhancements.  I have not had time to go through and categorize them- but I will let you know that we are adding some key elements such as interfacing to Active Sky Next's weather radar capability such as we have in the 777.

I will have a bit more information on timeline with these two products in the coming days.  There are a few challenges we are working to overcome but fortunately the 777 conversion had many of the same hurdles so we already have a pretty clear idea how we are going to resolve them.

Immediately upon release of the NGX updates for FSX and FSX:SE, we will be putting the NGX into beta testing for Prepar3d, with release of that product shortly to follow.

I want to be clear that we are calling this FSX update SP1d for the NGX products, as we are not going to get to a few of the major items we intend for the SP2 update that has been discussed for some time.  I'll have more information on what is included at a later time- so please don't fill the thread with individual requests/demands that we do X or Y.  The stuff that gets addressed comes from our own internal matrix of development needs- and won't have any outside input... 

PMDG 747-400v2.0 Update Pending:

Yes- in spite of all this flurry of work on other projects, the 747 continues to make exceptionally good forward progress.  We anticipate giving you the first flight deck preview shortly after we get all this other "stuff" off of my desk...  

Okay- this has been a big announcement night- so I'll let you digest all of that and get back to enjoying your simming weekend!

Oh... and one other thing....

You will want to read this little item, too.... 

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Got a chuckle out of the link at the end, hahaha. Great update that will make a lot of people very happy.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Now this is some good news! Can't wait for p3d and the NGX updates!

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

I am happy to announce that I just bought the 777-200R + Expansion.

Claude Desrosiers

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

A weather radar for the NGX? This is awesome guys. Can't wait for the update. :)

Philipp Schwaegerl

Matt-

I have an entire thread with the current round of information for Xplane.  You can find the latest information in that location.

As information changes, it gets updated.  If there is nothing new to add, it won't change...  Pretty easy to keep track of changes that way.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks for the news. Have only one problem now. After I made the update to the OC, I can not install any more paint for the 737NGX. That there is no paint, to search for. In the 777, everything goes without problems.

Matt-

I have an entire thread with the current round of information for Xplane. You can find the latest information in that location.

As information changes, it gets updated. If there is nothing new to add, it won't change... Pretty easy to keep track of changes that way.

Cheers for the reply boss,

Now dont get me wrong, i know it would be a huge undertaking creating/porting for a diffrent platform, especially when you take into account all the other work thats been going on, so not suprised that nothing has been released for XP yet.

But there has been little to no mention of the status of the 'secret project' that was to pre-date the decision to port/develop for XP since early September last year. Sly, open-to-interpretation hints yes, but nothing factual.

Frustrating i guess, but if you dont have the time/resources i guess thats just how it is, would offer to help but with very little skills apart from drinking beer, flying, and a combination of the two i doubt i would be of any help.

Here's cheers for all the other hard work you and the boys have put in

Thank you guys for such an awesome news!

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

So the funniest thing happened while I was testing the 777 on FSX:SE(Windows 8/8.1). The Joystick dropped out(the FSX controls menu "lost" it), but as soon as I jiggled one of the joystick's axis, it came back to the FSX menu and it was like nothing happened at all.

Hello,

Sorry for my English.

I just buy it and test it, a marvel. Thank you for the work. just had a small crash at the close of 777/200.