Sign in to follow this  
yankeegolf3

photoscenery settings

I do not think you can set up specific settings for photo scenery that will work for everyone.  The number of photo scenery enabled, your computer system, and other variables, like weather and aircraft have a lot to do with what your P3D.cfg settings will look like.  P3D is already unique with a default LOD_Radius of 6.5 so that's pretty neat and most will not have to change that.  The Texture_Max_Load of 4096 won't have to be changed either.  I would make sure those two settings are configured like that.  Anything else is to your particular taste.  I have found that changing the zoom level to about 40 for wing views helps with the fps and makes your photo scenery look more realistic. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Can u pls guide me to more info on photo scenery? Is this real photographed scenery? How will 03D handle that? My computer is not even handling the generic P3D sceneries at any acceptable DPS"

Thank u.

Can u pls guide me to more info on photo scenery? Is this real photographed scenery? How will 03D handle that? My computer is not even handling the generic P3D sceneries at any acceptable DPS"

Thank u.

Hello,

I was refering to photoscenery such as megascenery (payware): http://www.megasceneryearth.com/store/

or bluesky (freeware); http://www.blueskyscenery.com/

Those are my favourite textures and I don't use the generic sceneries. Photoscenery is less demanding on the CPU/GPU because there are not objects to draw. You can give it a try by downloading areas from bluesky and see if it improves your experience.

Thank you Jim for replying. When it comes to photoscenery, FSX is superior to P3d, in my opinion.

Hello,

I was refering to photoscenery such as megascenery (payware): http://www.megasceneryearth.com/store/

or bluesky (freeware); http://www.blueskyscenery.com/

Those are my favourite textures and I don't use the generic sceneries. Photoscenery is less demanding on the CPU/GPU because there are not objects to draw. You can give it a try by downloading areas from bluesky and see if it improves your experience.

Thank you Jim for replying. When it comes to photoscenery, FSX is superior to P3d, in my opinion.

I just checked out BlueSky, they look very impressive indeed. :smile:

Tell me please, are these sceneries "interactive" like the generic ones; I mean can you fly up and down through them, fly low and through canyons or under bridges and through clouds, or are they just photos from a certain elevation? i hope you get why I mean! :unsure:

Can you have real weather of computer generated weather display with these photosceneries?

I do not understand why would all flight simmers not use these all the time and dump the generic sceneries? What is it that I do not know?

If what I saw was freeware, then can payware sceneries be any better?

Do you know who has a comprehensive photo-sceneries library covering much more than the US?

I will download and try some of these tomorrow.

thanks.

I just checked out BlueSky, they look very impressive indeed. :smile:

Tell me please, are these sceneries "interactive" like the generic ones; I mean can you fly up and down through them, fly low and through canyons or under bridges and through clouds, or are they just photos from a certain elevation? i hope you get why I mean! :unsure:

Can you have real weather of computer generated weather display with these photosceneries?

I do not understand why would all flight simmers not use these all the time and dump the generic sceneries? What is it that I do not know?

If what I saw was freeware, then can payware sceneries be any better?

Do you know who has a comprehensive photo-sceneries library covering much more than the US?

I will download and try some of these tomorrow.

thanks.

Hello,

Yes you can do what you mean. Photoscenery textures simply replace the generic textures. You keep the scenery objects (briges, airport buildings... ) but not the generic objects (trees, houses...) not a big loss in my opinion. But if you fly below 500 ft above ground level the sharpness will decrease. To enjoy the scenery you have to fly at a higher altitude but aren't you supposed to fly legally?  :P Photoscenery is ideal for VFR navigation.

If you search the avsim library you should be able to find sceneries for other areas or countries. Freeware Spain is available here:

http://www.vuelosaventura.com/

Payware is not better than freeware such as bluesky or the spain scenery. It is more or less the same quality. Photoscenery is compatible with real time weather.

As for the choice between photoscenery and generic textures, it usually generates heated debates so I will not get into it. Just check the link to my screenshots and you will guess  which side I am on  :rolleyes:

Take care

i will try these for sure. i am baffled as to why would people not use the photoreal sceneries, unless cost is an issue and lack of selection of free sceneries.

i appreciate your input and you have been a great help :Applause: , please continue :Praying: