For a limited time only Ultimate VFR Photoscenery for FSX and P3D has been reduced to $10 per title.

http://www.ultimatevfr.com

The sale is for:

• Ultimate VFR Arizona 2.0
  • Ultimate VFR Colorado 2.0
  • Ultimate VFR New Mexico 2.0
  • Ultimate VFR Utah 2.0

All titles usually $39.95.

All photoscenery packages include:

• Latest Imagery (2012, 2013 or 2014)
  • 1.2 High Resolution Aerial Imagery
  • High Definition Water Mapping
  • High Definition Autogen Vegetation
  • High Definition Autogen Buildings *(subject to data availability)
  • Street Night Lighting FX

denver.jpg

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

For EU customers the doors are now open for ordering the digital download products.  We had turned it off temporarily due to the new VAT laws that came into effect on January 1, 2015.  However we want to make the experience seamless for you as it has been before this year and will take care of the VAT.

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Further update:  We had some teething issues with the store due to the recent implementation of the VAT which was blocking orders, everything is fixed now.  Apologies for any inconvenience.

Kindest Regards,

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Went for Colorado...be aware there are dozens and dozens of files (by county), dozens of GB to download!

Only county I've heard of is Lincoln, maybe I'll start there...

I'm intrigued as to where I'll find the promised Dolphins :)

Cheers

Keith

Great! Thank you for the post on this. I might get Colorado, Utah, and Guam. 

Keith Guillory

Must be a lot of people taking advantage, I'm only getting about 75-85k/s speeds...this will take some time!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

How big is each state in terms of disk space?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

They vary from a few hundred MB to a few GB.

Oddly, i had a file chugging along at 75k/s then the next one i downloaded went at almost 2mb/s...must have just hit a slow patch.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

ok...do they cover the whole state?

I bought Colorado.  Looks like it covers the state but how big is that thing when installed? 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Went for Colorado...be aware there are dozens and dozens of files (by county), dozens of GB to download!

Only county I've heard of is Lincoln, maybe I'll start there...

I'm intrigued as to where I'll find the promised Dolphins :)

Cheers

Keith

Hi Keith, try near two lovers point and at cocos island :)

ok...do they cover the whole state?

I bought Colorado.  Looks like it covers the state but how big is that thing when installed? 

Hi Gregg, Colorado is approximately 62 GB, each product page has the file size and estimated download times listed on them ;)

Must be a lot of people taking advantage, I'm only getting about 75-85k/s speeds...this will take some time!

Oddly, i had a file chugging along at 75k/s then the next one i downloaded went at almost 2mb/s...must have just hit a slow patch. 

Hi Regis, there have been a few orders, our files are hosted with a major CDN which has a Gigabit backbone.  There were probably a lot of users using freedownloadmanager to accelerate the downloads, which is the method we highly recommend for download as it ensures the files are delivered 100% intact and as fast as your home/business internet connection is capable of.  Thanks for the heads up about the brief slowdown and good to know it didn't last long.  :)

If you guys have any further questions or need any support please don't hesitate to ask.  :)

Kindest Regards,

Dean.

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Hi, does Colorado cover the entire state?

ZORAN

Thought I'd post some info.  I bought Colorado and it looks like it covers the state.  It's broken down by county which is pretty nice since you could exclude places like cities so that you get good autogen when coming in to land.  There is traffic on the roads. 

I loaded up Alamosa county.  The scenery is quite sharp.  Seems like the 'sweet spot' is around 2500 AGL. There was no autogen in this county.  Here are some screenshots (keep in mind my LOD_radius is 4.5 right now..pretty narrow).  Note, I also loaded up summertime and it blended very nicely with FTX Global.

I do have to say it will be pain to download and keep track of it all since you download by county and then install by county.

Gregg

2500 feet

1ILgDtA.jpg

3000 feet

G7Cs8TJ.jpg

10000 feet (keep in mind my LOD_radius is small...it's only focused right by the wing in this image)

x47F5js.jpg

Boundary with FTX Global 3000 ft.

FGeztvI.jpg

Gregg Seipp

Thanks Gregg, I wonder how it will go with Denver ultra res by MSE that I have..Guess it wont hurt to try it out for  $10

ZORAN

Thanks Gregg, I wonder how it will go with Denver ultra res by MSE that I have..Guess it wont hurt to try it out for  $10

I will be curious about that.  The other thing to note is that, within each county there are multiple .BGL files, so, maybe, it's possible to fine tune which ones to turn off for autogen even better.  So, while there may be no autogen in places, with a bit of help, this might be one heck of a great product.

Gregg Seipp

Hi Gregg, autogen right now is only version 1, I do have plans to provide better coverage for autogen as well, but have some hurdles to overcome with roads and urban areas with vegetation.  I have the process figured out, and the routines ready to start making that happen, but I need to upgrade my software to be able to make that happen.

All being well in the next little while I should be able to provide a free update for the autogen that gives 100% coverage for vegetation and a handful of more buildings as well.  The scenery addons are based on a continual improvement cycle with software as a service.  Right now the goal is getting the imagery for all of the USA complete, followed by upgrades to the other layers such as water, autogen and much more.

With the blend masks for the edges of the states, those are also on the radar moving forward.  I've just been re-writing my software tools to be able to make that happen, however adding blend masks do add about 1/3 more time to processing of the imagery, but I did have a brainwave this morning that I'll be looking into today that may not increase production time. :)

In terms of downloads, once I can afford the $600 to purchase new installer software I'm expecting to be able to simplify the download pulls that a) saves time and effort and B) runs MD5 checksums to ensure files don't break in the download process.

In the meantime there's a great Firefox extension that is called DownloadThemAll which can help download all the files with one click.  It's a free download available at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/downthemall/

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR