Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

I'm Shocked!

Well that it,

I'm shocked!!!   

I installed the 777 in FSX-SE this morning. Until last night I was unaware of its availability, and tried to read all of the forum messages related to it. Apparently some users had problems, but I believed my configuration, with only FSX-SE installed on my sim PC, wouldn't pose big problems.

Well, the installer ran beautifully, Before loading FSX-SE I started Steve's DX10 Fixer to enable the required updates of installed textures, then found on the PMDG Folder the "Operations Centre Updater" which I executed and went through a series of updates getting  all of my installed modules - presently only the 777 200 LR - up to date.

Started FSX-SE, loaded the 777, not even used the FMC to set fuel, weight or any graphics or livery options, and went direct into a flight around LPPT ( Lisbon Airport, just in case you don't know, Lisbon is the most beautiful town in the World! even if default FSX scenery doesn't make it look like so...) and, with weather injected by FSXWX ( an excellent freeware weather injector I will use mostly with PSX, and with other aircraft while I wait for ASN to be FSX-SE compatible... ).

What can I say?

1) PMDG does the most beautiful / remarkably complex / detailed / smooth to run, airliner add-ons I have ever used with FSX !

2) It's been a long time since I last used this add-on, and I recall that it was never heavy on the frames, a rather unexpected feature given the huge complexity of the model! Well, my fps were always at 30 ( limited to max 31 by NI ), and throughout the whole circuit the 777 behaved as smoothly as the default C172!

3) Flight handling is astonishingly docile, as I believe the real thing must be, and I was very happy to find the most plausible response from the complex C*U law implementation when hand flying this Superb! aircraft. All was natural and, as far as I can tell, in perfect agreement with what is described in the many texts I have read about the way a 777 should feel regarding trimmed speeds, configuration changes, speed changes, maneuvering bellow 30º bank, ...

4) I will buy the 300 already TODAY!

5) I will buy the 744 v2 the day it becomes available!

6) RR was always my dream car. RR gave us ( together with his talented Team ) the most beautiful 777 available for Flight Simulator

7) Flight Simulator is, indeed - THE FLIGHT SIMULATOR!!!!  All this years didn't kill it's capacity to still fulfill the expectations and dreams of most hardcore simmers, professional pilot wannabees, and Steam Edition appears to have given it a new life, and certainly a face lift making it look and feel smoother than ever!

What a Sunday!!!  And, the Sun is shinning around here too :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

@J Monteiro

I too have just bought this Steam Edition today and have the recently-updated PMDG 777 package. Can you kindly instruct me how I get the 777-200 LR/F into the Steam sim as I am not interested in the default aircraft there any more than I was interested in FSX-MS>

Thanks.

Simple, at least for me...

I had FSX-SE installed, with only ORBX FTX Global, Steve's DX10 Fixer, my Real Air's and the Majestic Q400, so today, after getting the lattest version of the 777 installer from my PMNDG account, I ran it... and voilá ... Couldn' be easier :-)

Before loading FSX-SE, and because I have Steve's Fixer and so am running in DX10 mode, I started the fixer for texture updates, then I went to the PMDG Programs subfolder and executed the Operations Centre update, then the Operations Centre itself, and then, I just had to seelct the 777 from my aircraft list in FSX-SE and fly it :-)

So far, smooth as silk, no problems at all, a true charm to handfly!

Just did an autoland too :-)  PERFECT!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lisbon is the most beautiful town in the World!
This is an absurd statement.

This is an absurd statement.

Hmmm, you've never been there :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Hmmm, you've never been there :-)

Don't be so aggressive. I think you must have meant ' Lisboa es a muita bela cidade em todo mundo' instead of most beautiful town, which is where the absurdity came in. Something may have been lost in the translation, so give and take some slack.

Don't be so aggressive. I think you must have meant ' Lisboa es a muita bela cidade em todo mundo' instead of most beautiful town, which is where the absurdity came in. Something may have been lost in the translation, so give and take some slack.

:-)  Thx for the alternate translation... but of course, the original sentence was only meant to enforce the state ot satisfaction I had just achieved after testing the 777 in FSX SE, after such a long time away from it ... 

And, being from Lisbon, I do not really consider it the most beautiful town in teh World, starting with the fact that I know only just a few, out of Portugal :-)

But, back to the 777, it's indeed with great satisfaction that I am able to use it again in FSX, after a few months away from it.

I was also very satisfied with the update to the FBW system, which I never had tested since I had never installed the "c" patch. As far as I've been able to test, it feels great as it is, and I am not even ( yet ) using FSUIPC to control my axis inputs.

Main Simulation Rig:

7) Flight Simulator is, indeed - THE FLIGHT SIMULATOR!!!!

Dear jcomm  -

So, your opinion/view regarding  DCS (specifically Mustang flight dynamics) has changed ?

Sam

Sam. 

Waiting for the 64-bit PSION Flightsim for ZX-Spectrum ////

So, your opinion/view regarding  DCS (specifically Mustang flight dynamics) has changed ?

Sam

No way - it's still my preferred flight dynamics, but there is not 777 in DCS :-)

i thought New Jersey is the most beautiful town  :lol:

Once I asked to my flight instructor..." Zé " ( he was also a José :-) ) " how do you find my performance in the course... am I doing good progress ? Do you think I can be a good pilot ?"

He answered: " José, you're probably the 2nd best student pilot I ever gave instruction to..."  ... and then added... " with all of the others occupying the first place ..."

So, my Lisbon  is probably the 2nd most beautiful town in the World too :-)

BTW: I also love Madrid, Paris, Milan, Rome, Venice, London, Berlin and Frankfurt... and that's about all I've been able to visit out of Portugal :-/

But!!!!  PMDG's 777 is the BEST 777 model I ever used in any civil flightsim, of that I am sure :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

i love fsxse as you can see from my name.  I agree jcomm.....PMDG 777 and my MD11 in fsxse are amazing!

Hi David

Seeing that you love FSX-SE, perhaps you can tutor me into how I can bring my FSX aircraft, specially the PMDG 777-200LR/F into the just-bought SE today?

Jose Monteiro, good to see that you have an excellent sense of humour and fear not about not visiting too many places outside of Portugal. I'm sure when you become a pilot one day when that instructor passes you, then you  will get the chance to see o todo mundo e todos cidades!

I've been waiting on the triple-seven for some time.... maybe, just maybe it's time....

Hi David

Seeing that you love FSX-SE, perhaps you can tutor me into how I can bring my FSX aircraft, specially the PMDG 777-200LR/F into the just-bought SE today?

Jose Monteiro, good to see that you have an excellent sense of humour and fear not about not visiting too many places outside of Portugal. I'm sure when you become a pilot one day when that instructor passes you, then you  will get the chance to see o todo mundo e todos cidades!

just download the new 777 installer from your PMDG account and run the setup.  I only install fsxse compatible planes into fsxse with an fsxse installer or update.  I only have the PMDG 777, MD11 and Majestic Dash8 in FSXSE.

Is it the PMDG MD-11, and if so where did you get the installer from?