Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Help In Installing to FSX-SE

Can anyone kindly assist me with a definitive installation of  the 777-200LR/F and -300ER, correctly, in FSX-SE, which I just bought today. I keep getting vague answers when asked elsewhere. I have downloaded the latest full installer, and the OC verifies that I do have the latest version as well as I do see the SE version in the OC. I uninstalled and re-installed both FSX-MS and FSX-SE but when I fire up FSX-SE, and accepting the usual security options, I do not see any undercarriage, am in the C&D start-up mode and cannot even switch the battery on.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Please ignore this post above. For some inexplicable reason, this became a quadruple post. Have asked Mods to delete.

Found the solutions myself

How did you fix it?! :)

Guys use this solution which I have just recieved from Product support:

This issue is probably caused by an incorrect SimConnect runtime installation on your computer, follow these instructions to fix it:

Navigate to this folder:

<FSX:SE root folder>\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\lib

(By default the <FSX root folder> is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX)

Run the SimConnect.msi installer file inside the folder.

Navigate to this folder:

<FSX:SE root folder>\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces

Inside this folder are three more folders that each contain a SimConnect.msi file - run all three of them.

Use this solution if you are having problems with activation in FSX-SE only and are missing undercarriage, cold & dark Cockpit etc. If it does'nt work for you, then open a ticket with support, they are great.

Cheers

How did you fix it?! :)

I uninstalled the incumbent 777-200 LR/F and the -300ER installations, re-booted clean, then re-installed the latest full installers for both aircraft. Then ran the Registry Repair Tool.Re-booted. Voila, where I had no undercarriage, etc, etc, it was all now functional.

Thanks for that tip, Duncan, as I had posted elsewhere in CaptSim's Forum asking advice on how to run these SimConnects