Sign in to follow this  
richjb2

FSX Acceleration vs. FSX SP2

Before FSX completely dies away, I am considering purchasing FSX Acceleration (assuming that it is still available, which I see new packages are in Amazon).  Other than missions and the F18 off of a carrier, which I do not intend to use, is there any advantage to purchasing the Acceleration expansion pack over running FSX SP2?

Is the money better spent on P3D?

Thanks,

Rich Boll

Wichita KS

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

You can purchase FSX Steam Edition. This Version will be updated regularly, 
The FSX from the Packages will be not continued anymore 

Before FSX completely dies away, I am considering purchasing FSX Acceleration (assuming that it is still available, which I see new packages are in Amazon).  Other than missions and the F18 off of a carrier, which I do not intend to use, is there any advantage to purchasing the Acceleration expansion pack over running FSX SP2?

Is the money better spent on P3D?

Thanks,

Rich Boll

Wichita KS

There are a few notable differences. As you mentioned, the entire F-18 thing, which means that some add-on military aircraft require Acceleration. Helis also see better support, and add-ons such as Milviz's helis require Acceleration. There's also some improved damage modeling for default aircraft. All-in-all, not really a lot of difference.

FSX:SE, as mistreat has said, includes Acceleration. Not all add-ons are compatible, but the list is expanding. The biggest advantage here seems to be significantly lower VAS usage reports.

The biggest advantage here seems to be significantly lower VAS usage reports.

Any links to articles or forum topics about this subject?

You can purchase FSX Steam Edition. This Version will be updated regularly,

The FSX from the Packages will be not continued anymore

That's a bit misleading. FSX:SE won't be updated. They dont have the rights to make changes to FSX except to make it run under Steam.

Back to SP2 v Acceleration, SP2 gives you most of the additional functionality and is free. Acceleration came with some changes to engine modelling but the differences are minor.

ki9cAAb.jpg