Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Speech recognition and stutter

I keep hearing so many wonderful things about VoxATC and I sure would like an ATC like this, but for some time already, I'm very hesitant to indeed make the purchase.

The thing is, I have a stutter. It's not a very bad one, lots of people hardly notice it, but I've been messing around with Windows speech recognition, a couple of years ago, and it seems that my stutter is enough to make it quite hard on the recognition software, on regular basis.

Are there other people who have a slight stutter and work with VoxATC and can tell me a little about their experience with speech recognition ATC?

Cheers!

Maarten

Since VoxATC uses the windows voice recognition system, it's likely you will have problems with VoxATC if your windows voice recognition has problems.  I do believe that you can try VoxATC for a limited time for free - so you should be able to give it a try to see if it works.  Also, I think Voxatc is set up so that it will "auto-recognize" second or third attempts - so you still might be able to use it - even if it misses now and again.

If I understand the workings of Vox correctly - it might be worth just giving the limited free trial run a try to see if it's worth the purchase.  It installs and uninstalls easily enough.

John

Is speech activated ATC an absolute must? If not, there is probably a compromise that you could try with the demo. VOXATC comes with a First Officer that actually can make VOXATC virtually a button controlled ATC program by using the PTT button to have the FO answer for you. This mean's you can use as a button controlled app or use it if you get stuck, because you can enable and disable the FO on the fly.

just a suggestion.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thanks, guys. That sounds promising, downloading the demo right now and going to give it a try.

Cheers!

Maarten