Sign in to follow this  
arnava1304

Two Qs

Hello,

As the title suggests, I have a couple questions. First of which, can somebody send me the teamspeak server address? And secondly, Are the Majestic q400 and/or real air turbine duke eligible for the race?

Thanks.

The address for the teamspeak is: ts.teamavsim.com

I don't know how much you know about the race.  I recommend that you read the introduction on the race site home page.

Introduction to the Round the World Race.

Also, it is required for race participants to use a small program called the FS Duenna to document race legs.  Infomation about this program is here along with links to the download and recomendations on installation.

We will be using this program for the practice legs on Saturday.  Please install it and let us know if you need some assistance getting it setup.  I am available most evenings and can talk you through it on teamspeak. 

Once you have the FS Duenna setup and working, go ahead and start your own off-line practice sessions using it.  You can post your practice legs to this thread:

http://forum.avsim.n...d/#entry3154578

Finally, the race committe has published the "white list" of normal aircraft approved for this years race here:

http://www.fsrtwrace.com/whitelist.php

I also have the Majestic Q400 and the RealAir Turbine Duke but they are a bit slow for the race.

Because this is a race, fast planes are preferred, but in order to provide a level playing ground for all team particicpants the race commitee has established an approved list of the very fast race aircraft.  The flight sim aircraft on the white list have been reviewed and found to conform close enough to their real life counterparts and are approved for the race.  You do not need to have any particular aircraft to participate and most team members have one or two that they regularly use in the race.  If you do not have any of the aircraft on the white list, I recommend that you try the De Havilland DH.103 Hornet F.1 by Rob RIchardson and SOH Group.  This is a FSX freeware plane that is competitive speedwise and not too difficult to learn. 

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png