Sign in to follow this  
TTB

PMDG 737 Sound

In the real 737-800, when the plane takes of, there's a noticeable rumbling sound at the back of the plane. Can you add a sound like that to the PMDG 737-800 NGX?

In the real 737-800, when the plane takes of, there's a noticeable rumbling sound at the back of the plane. Can you add a sound like that to the PMDG 737-800 NGX?

Welcome to the forum. Your observation of this is based on your experience as a passenger. We're simulating the experience of a pilot, not a passenger, so you're only hearing what you'd actually hear from up front.

Also: it's a forum rule here to place your full name in every post here. Please do so in the future. Thanks!

Kyle Rodgers

Can you make a passenger version of the soundpack?

No. That's not what we do. Ferrari doesn't do family vans, either.

Again - full name. Every post.

Kyle Rodgers

Is there an alternate soundpack because the PMDG 737 soundpack is excellent but it has no rumble and it needs a "kick" to it.

-Thank you,

Trent Hirano

Again - full name. Every post.

Kyle he has had his name  in his post from the very first post,  but  he has made his name as his sign in name

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Kyle he has had his name in his post from the very first post, but he has made his name as his sign in name

Doesn't count.

Kyle Rodgers

I've never worried about the cabin sounds, as my arms and legs aren't long enough to fly

from the cabin even if they left the cockpit door open.   :lol:

But I have added more noise to my nose gear sounds, and have quite a few different

versions I can choose from. The one I've been using the most lately has a good bit of

"grooved runway" noise to it. It was recorded from a real 737 flight deck.

From all the real world recordings I have, the sound of the main gear in the cockpit is

pretty low. You can easily hear the spoiler lever deploy, etc over the minimal main gear

noise.

It's when the nose gear drops down that you get some serious tire noise going in the

cockpit being you are sitting on top of the nose gear.

It is a aesthetic tweak. I always get the back seat wear there is more jet blast in the real NG. But the PMDG developers always focused on pilot experience...

I like these suggestions good but it should be kept separate from pilot experience.

It is interesting to know what your own pilot skills are like fom a passenger PoV (Point of View)?

The sounds that PMDG have for the ngx are sounds taken from the real plane. How much more real can you get?