Sign in to follow this  
spirittoo

Need Help With FS Global 2010

I just got the FS Global 2010 box set and I spend the past 4 hours waiting for it to install.  I told it where FS9 files were ... it report it found it.  After 4 hours waiting for it to install and being told it installed successfully .... I didn't see it anywhere in my files. :huh:   I had 64Gb of free space in the partition FS9 is installed before the install and I still have 64Gb free.  I have FS9 on a drive that is not the C drive.  I have it installed in a separate partition.  I went to the manufacture's website for support, but I didn't see anything.  Does anyone know what the heck happen????  Four hours down the drain! :unsure:

Thanks for reading my post.

Greetings,

The actual files for FSGlobal are in their own directory on whichever drive you allowed it to install (in my case D:\FSG2010) That folder will be several GB in size, but NOT within the Flightsim itself. In your Flightsim directory you should find a folder PILOTS_Software\FS GLOBAL 2010 (or similar) which weighs in on my system at around 31 MB.

A quick check of your Scenery Library, from within the Sim, should show a series of "FS GLOBAL 2010 - " entries: FS GLOBAL 2010 - Local Meshes, FS GLOBAL 2010 - North America etc. if you see those, the product has installed properly.

Respectfully,

Brian

I don't know what happen but  ... I decided to try and install it again and this time I looked in the drive I want it to go and am seeing the drive being filled. Looks like I'm in for another 4 hours install ... but I think it will be okay this time ... I am seeing the global folder now in the drive.  Thanks for reading my post. :lol: B)