Sign in to follow this  
arnava1304

Race length?

Hello,

I was wondering how long the race usually lasts. On the 21st of February, I am returning from abroad, but I am completely free on the 22nd. Can I still participate? If not, please ignore my application in the application thread.

Hi, Arnav.  The race starts on a Saturday, and the last few years we've finished late Tuesday, I think (depending on your timezone, of course).

Craig Taylor

Craig.png?dl=1

Craig is correct, the race has been shortened in recent years as people have been busy and some teams have started to suffer pilot shortages.  This race really suffers if you let the baton sit at an airport for any length of time so if a team suffers a pilot shortage it really hampers their ability to be competitive.  To combat this to an extent the race has been shortened quite a bit.  It used to extend into Wednesday/Thursday.  Last year we finished on the Monday and it will probably be similar this year.  So you are looking at around 70 hours start to finish for the race or thereabouts. 

spacer.png