Sign in to follow this  
Kosty

change windows language?

Hello,

I just downloaded the demo and updated it to 1.4.10. The demo wants windows to be in US (English). But I'm from europe and have my windows in german language. (Win7 ultimate).

So what can I do now to get it to work?

Kosty,

With Windows 7 Ultimate or Enterprise, you can download and install the US English Language Pack.

Just search Bing.com for "Windows 7 Language Packs" and once you get it installed, Pilot2ATC should work.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

thank You for Your reply! I have Win 7 ultimate and changed the language settings and location to US English. Pilot2ATC now works.

Now my problem is speech recognition. I played around with the speech test and atc only understands me correctly with short sentences and numbers. But longer phrases like VFR-clearances mostly don't get recognized correctly. Especially the words "uniform" and "whisky" are only recognised correctly on rare occasions.

English is not my first language and I'm aware of my german accent but I think I pronounce the words in an understandable way. I tried different pronounciations but atc didn't "get" my "uniform" and "whisky"...

I read the pdf-manual and Pilot2atc looks like a neat programme with some cool features.

When I tried a different Callsign in the test atc always came up with my previous callsign that I used several times before. Does atc "remember" the callsigns that have been used often and "auto-corrects" them on its own ?

Hi Kosty.

On the call sign question, yes you need to set it in the Configuration screen (wrench icon).  Then Pilot2ATC will use that call sign throughout.

On speech recognition, there are some words that sound alike, such as "zero" and "sierra", if not pronounced precisely.  I even have issues with these two myself.  Uniform and Whiskey are far enough apart that I'm surprised they are being confused.

I have found that the most important thing seems to be to just talk in a normal voice and be sure to hold the PTT button down for the entire time you are talking.  As for accents, I believe that could be causing some of your problem, but with some practice, that issue should go away. 

The VFR and IFR flight clearances are a problem for most users.  If you read the clearance directly from the speech window, it usually helps, but even then it can give you an error.  If it does, you can just change frequencies to Ground and proceed with Engine Start/Pushback and/or Taxi requests.  Pilot2ATC can usually figure out where you are and does not enforce that you get all the calls correct before it lets you continue.

Hope this helps.

Dave