Sign in to follow this  
Airwolf05

Installing 737NGX into FSX Steam

Has anybody get any errors installing NGX into FSX Steam where theres no power to the CDU's and no function to the Overhead switches?

not yet support, try at own risk, better wait for proper installer, later not encounter much problem with registry.

Muhamad Aliff

Has anybody get any errors installing NGX into FSX Steam where theres no power to the CDU's and no function to the Overhead switches?

The existing NGX installer was not designed to work with FSX SE. We're working on getting a new installer out soon (like we did with the 777).

Also, welcome to the forum. It's a forum requirement here to sign your full name to your posts. Please do so in the future.

Kyle Rodgers

I am trying, YES I know I'm VERY TRYING. I have tried different channels on Avsim and lately I get more irritated because of my lack of comprehension. I keep reading something new and today is no exception.

Okay let me lay it out.

I purchased the Aerosoft PMDG 737 NGX from a retailer  and I didn't know whether the variants included were for 600 through 900 as the description gave nothing away in the store(From neither store at other well known outlets also).

Now I have found out that Aerosoft has published information of SP1c updates for the 737 NGX. Looking through ALL of the other outlets, Aerosoft and PMDG has the Base Package as well as an Expansion Pack to boot. Do I understand that my version, of which after reading the Read Me before attempting install, is the Base Package because I found out that the boxed version included the 800/900 variants?

I sat back and thought this through and I came to the conclusion that I might have to purchase the Base Pack as well as the Expansion pack just to be on the safe side knowing I had what was needed.. All this was because of one line in the Read Me stated that I should have the Base Pack installed before installing the updates.

Am I to spin in ever decreasing circles before I fully understand what my options are? I need to know which ever way on what is what and what I should do.

I would hate to think what would happen if I installed my boxed version and the purchased the updates only to find that the installer couldn't find the Base package. But then again as I looked at the cost of the Base package it was the same price as my boxed version, and that was what led me to believe I had the Base Package.

Hope I make sense or if this isn't resolved I will have loads of software on my hands going to waste and I will give up the idea of running my FSX Steam Edition.

Roger

I am trying, YES I know I'm VERY TRYING. I have tried different channels on Avsim and lately I get more irritated because of my lack of comprehension. I keep reading something new and today is no exception.

Okay let me lay it out.

I purchased the Aerosoft PMDG 737 NGX from a retailer  and I didn't know whether the variants included were for 600 through 900 as the description gave nothing away in the store(From neither store at other well known outlets also).

Now I have found out that Aerosoft has published information of SP1c updates for the 737 NGX. Looking through ALL of the other outlets, Aerosoft and PMDG has the Base Package as well as an Expansion Pack to boot. Do I understand that my version, of which after reading the Read Me before attempting install, is the Base Package because I found out that the boxed version included the 800/900 variants?

I sat back and thought this through and I came to the conclusion that I might have to purchase the Base Pack as well as the Expansion pack just to be on the safe side knowing I had what was needed.. All this was because of one line in the Read Me stated that I should have the Base Pack installed before installing the updates.

Am I to spin in ever decreasing circles before I fully understand what my options are? I need to know which ever way on what is what and what I should do.

I would hate to think what would happen if I installed my boxed version and the purchased the updates only to find that the installer couldn't find the Base package. But then again as I looked at the cost of the Base package it was the same price as my boxed version, and that was what led me to believe I had the Base Package.

Hope I make sense or if this isn't resolved I will have loads of software on my hands going to waste and I will give up the idea of running my FSX Steam Edition.

Roger

Easy easy old man....

The boxed version of the PMDG 737NGX    IS NOT FSX:SE compatible!     in other words - it will not work in FSX Steam edition - at this very moment!

kind regards

Aerosioft has released the updates for FSX Steam. Add-ons will work if the right installers are released. They are slowly doing this as with the 777 too. Keep up with the news...young man lol.

Why do you think I am chasing this so much? I have been tearing my hair out ever since purchasing the Steam edition and what followed after with the confusing issues with installers and where to get them from.

Sorry man,

Anyhow - the PMDG 737NGX - which is the Aircraft Aerosoft is selling in the boxed edition, is not yet compatible with FSX:SE. And It does not only depend on the installer. PMDG uses some .dll's that need updating and theirfore you will have to wait until PMDG releases the NGX to Steam. 

Only after PMDG (The Developer of this extraordinary Addon) have released their Update - Aerosoft - as well as anybody else - will be able to provide what you (and a lot of other people) are longing for.....

So keep an eye on this forum - because you will definately see a message, once this happens....

PS.: They have already released an Update for the PMDG777 to work in Steam and the PMDG 737NGX should be next...

kind regards

I wrote to Aerosoft and they have said I would have to download from PMDG. They were told that PMDG would have to be the place where I purchased in order for me to go to My Account in order to download the said file/s. Now can you see why I keep pulling my hair out after I specifically told Aerosoft of the specific guidelines to obtain these updates?

Hi Roger,  I too have the boxed 737 NGX from Aerosoft ( the 8 and 900 series ).  As Richard mentions we are all waiting for PMDG to issue a Steam compatible

update.  This is expected any day, although PMDG are very thorough and take their time before releasing anything which has not been thoroughly tested.

The good news is that the awaited release is expected to have weather radar installed ( using Active Sky technology ).  Because we have the boxed NGX we will

need info from PMDG on how to download the update.  The update will be issued by PMDG and not Aerosoft.  Hope you enjoy it when you finally get it.  There is a

saying all good things are worth waiting for.

Regards,

Brian

Brian Newman

Thanks a lot Brian. I f by chance I should miss the update, can you let me know how we can get these updates from PMDG if we hadn't got the originals from them please?

Cheers

Roger

I read that the update for the PMDG 777 but I don't know if this is for the 200 or 300 series. I did installed the file "PMDG_777_200LRF_FSX" and The Operations Center and now whenever I increase throttle It only operates the left one and the spoilers operates at full automatically. Is there anyone having the same problem, and if so is there an update coming out for this?

Steve Buckner

and if so is there an update coming out for this?

It would have to be a legitimate bug for a fix to come out for it. Are you absolutely sure you've eliminated all issues on your own end? Sounds more like a hardware configuration issue than a legitimate bug.

Kyle Rodgers

I wrote to Aerosoft and they have said I would have to download from PMDG. They were told that PMDG would have to be the place where I purchased in order for me to go to My Account in order to download the said file/s. Now can you see why I keep pulling my hair out after I specifically told Aerosoft of the specific guidelines to obtain these updates?

Can somebody from PMDG clarify this?

It sounds from this (and I'm not saying that this is the way it actually is/will be) like Aerosoft is not planning on doing anything to support the update for Steam Edition. If you have to have purchased the download from PMDG to update, then the disk edition will not receive the update allowing for Steam compatibility.

I find it terribly difficult to find a way to contact PMDG support with a ticket but just can't find it. All this might very well end up with me having a product boxed and ready for burial. Then purchase same from PMDG in order to get an update. What a farce!