Sign in to follow this  
mog

A/C creeps backwards!

Hi All,

Odd thing, I have FS2crew mounted on my Maddog and iFly 737NG and both A/C when required to push back continue to move even after the parking brake is applied, I've even tried opening the throttles full and still the thing keeps creeping!

When I use either app without FS2crew they work as advertised.

I am using FS2004 latest version, Maddog is less than 1 year old and iFly737NG is less than 6 months old, all this on SP3 XP on an elderly laptop.

I feel I should mention that until I call for pushback the A/C is rock solid on stand, I'm probably doing something wrong, but what is it???

Thanks in advance.

mog

Hit Shift P on your keyboard to make the pushback stop.

But with the parking brake on the plane shouldn't move anyway.

So your situation is odd.

Are you running any other pushback programs at the same time (AES/GSX)?

Best,

Hi Brian,

Shift P it is then, no I'm not using any other program ( I'm such a duffer with computers, what I'm using is more than enough of a challenge for a simple soul like me!) however a thought occurred to me, could the problem be caused by having the hydraulics on? in real life the pilot will switch off the system that controls the nose wheel steering and the tow crew will have fitted the isolator pin ( this is to prevent a sudden twitch of the nose wheel assembly whilst connecting or disconnecting the tow bar which could have quite serious consequences ).

It's probably something I've got wrong as I'm still trying to get to grips with FS2crew.

thanks for the input matey

mog

Hi Bryan,

I'm not using FSX I can only use FS9 (FS2004) because of the elderly nature of my laptop!

I've just checked the AMM and the switching off hyds. doesn't hold water either because it's not a requirement on this A/C, probably because the nosewheel steering is fed from both LH and RH systems, the bypass pin is the safeguard against nosewheel twitching and procedure, ie do not remove pin unless steering is straight! 

Not in reverse either as I said I even tried opening the throttles to arrest the movement to no avail.

I shall have to keep playing and see what transpires.

Apologies for misspelling your name Bryan it's something that really irritates me when it happens to me so slapped legs, sorry matey.

mog