I have a Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI M-ITX Motherboard (about a year old) which the BIOS says is running with a mutiplier of 40.

I am recommended to raise this to 42 without risk - though later I may take a serious look at overclocking.

I was recommended to use Easytune (it was supplied with the PC).

But when I run it the multiplier is changing all the time - I saw it go down to 8 and upto 32 - so clearly something is up and I need to find out before I go trying to change it.

I see elsewhere people recommending only using the BIOS to set-up the clock multiplier and voltages.

But if this value is actually changing, should I be setting a fixed value in there?

Sorry if I sound a bit 'green' but I am, so treat me gently!

Thanks
Nigel

It's Intel speedstep, slows your cpu down when it isnt being stressed to save power

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

OK thanks for that.

Can you say how I should set the maximum I want it limited to - 42?

Would that be in the BIOS?

Thanks

Nigel

Sorry, am not familiar with the easytune software.  I would have thought you would apply it in there when in windows

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427