Sign in to follow this  
cello.mike

Slight suggestion for CDU route page functionality

Hello guys!

I just got the PMDG 777 and 773 expansion recently. First off - fantastic work!  I've been using it to practice for my proficiency and in the process I found a small lack of functionality that I thought you might want to add into the RTE page.

When intercepting an airway, it is normally possible to input the airway name immediately into RTE page 2, L1, which will then open box prompts in R1 for the terminating point.  Let's say you're asked to intercept airway A461, it is possible to input A461 in L1, and R2 should display boxes. The airway should then start at a point on the airway closest to you.  This is at least the case on the -300ER. I'm not sure if this is available on the -200 series aircraft, though.

Anyway, what I've been doing instead is to find the closest airway to myself on the map,  placing it on R1, then placing the airway name in L2. 

It's a minor issue, guys. Just a little suggestion if you've got an sp1d in the works.

cheers,

Mike

It's a minor issue, guys. Just a little suggestion if you've got an sp1d in the works.

If you have any suggestions that you are for sure part of the aircraft features, it's best to submit it directly to support.precisionmanuals.com with specific references to the manuals if you have them.

This is the customer support forum (user to user support). While some of the PMDG team frequents the forum, posts aren't guaranteed to be seen like tickets are in the official support queue.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. For future reference, it's a forum requirement to use full names here. A signature can be configured under your user settings.

Kyle Rodgers

When intercepting an airway, it is normally possible to input the airway name immediately into RTE page 2, L1, which will then open box prompts in R1 for the terminating point. Let's say you're asked to intercept airway A461, it is possible to input A461 in L1, and R2 should display boxes. The airway should then start at a point on the airway closest to you. This is at least the case on the -300ER. I'm not sure if this is available on the -200 series aircraft, though.

See FCOM 11.31.17 paragraph titled Manually Entered Airway Crossing Waypoints.  The feature is there, just not displayed as you expected.

Dan Downs KCRP

Downscc

Thats a different feature.

Cello.mike is referring to 11.42.13 AIRWAY INTERCEPT

Its documented but doesn't seem to function as per the real jet.

Cheers

Matthew Knight