Sign in to follow this  
cropduster

Display Settings with I7 4790K systems- Curious

I have a new I7 4790K system with GTX970, curious on what peoples settings are in FSX.  I think I am trying to max outt oo many items and paying the price at bigger cities.  Chicago I only get around 9-12 FPS, with minor stutters.  I have FSDreamtteam and US Cities Chicago.

Just curious where similar systems are placing there display settings at?  

I have a new I7 4790K system with GTX970, curious on what peoples settings are in FSX.  I think I am trying to max outt oo many items and paying the price at bigger cities.  Chicago I only get around 9-12 FPS, with minor stutters.  I have FSDreamtteam and US Cities Chicago.

Just curious where similar systems are placing there display settings at?  

That's a rough combo for any rig - that's Aerosoft's city product right? With tons of extra buildings? Is your cpu overclocked?

What about third party AI?

Scenery can be maxed , but keep ai cars and ai in General very low, like 10-15%. Water 2xlow, highmemfix, turn off bloom and self shadowing unless using dx10. Disable thermal visualization. Clouds max draw to 60 miles etc

You configured with NVIDIA inspector?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yes its Aerosofts city, I have UT2 as my traffic.  I like the cars and have that setting at 20% I will try to lower that too.

I will lower water setting as well.

Yes I configured with NVIDIA Inspector, at least I think so.  I used the profile from Simforums.  I assume that works right when it detects FSX running.  What settings are you following on NVIDIA Inspector?

Is your cpu overclocked? You may as well clock that beast to 4.8 if you have a good cooler.

no OC, not sure if I feel comfortable with that.  Right now I played with some of the traffic settings and water settings that did help.  Running smooth, just Chicago takes a toll right now with Aerosoft and FSDreamteam, most other major cities runs very well, cant be happier to finally fly FSX with some eye candy and smoothness.

Water 2xlow

Ryan, in view of the fact that cropduster is running a GTX970, if it is a 3 to 4g card, wouldn't he be better off running water at 2xhigh and using the BP=0 tweak? Also I assume that if using EI, that the 1/2 refresh rate setting is in use. Won't increase FPS, but definitely helps with the stutters.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Maybe with BP, but that never worked for me.... Stability issues

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |