Sign in to follow this  
pilottj

T Duke Art Project #2 WIP

Hey folks.  I decided to approach this project from a different mindset.  With art project #1 I was trying to get too complex and was trying to put 40s-50s streamliner curves and pin stripes onto a very '70s' shaped airplane.   The Duke is somewhat of a unique shape from a painting perspective, it's not quite the boxy shape like the RV-7, thus limits some of the scheme. styles.  I decided to shift my mindset to a more '70s' idea with the scheme, this is my result.  I still may play with the tail a bit, but I think this flows with the shape of the plane better.   I may or may not add nacelle art when the official T Duke paint kit is released.  I saved the layers so I can try different color variations later, such as with a silver base.  I also created a custom VC panel by combining the wood and black panels, I might work out a custom interior as well.

Cheers

TJ

dead links to photos removed

Really Nice Looking - " The Masked Bandit " - Look out " Lone Ranger " - Great Paint Job - Are You going to Offer it SomeHow ??

Johnman :smile: :smile: B)

Thanks :), here is some updated progress.  I will certainly upload it to Avsim when I am ready.

dead link to photo removed

I went with a plain red tail for the initial version saved it, then started a variation with an added black stripe that curves up into the tail.  

dead link to photo removed

This repaint has been updated 2/3/15.  I fixed missing inner turbine exhaust texture.

Cheers
TJ