Sign in to follow this  
The Flight Level

FSX discs won't load in my new computer

Trying to load my FSX discs onto a new computer. Install program just hangs.

Is the STEAM download version the same as FSX professional plus the service packs?

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

FSX:Steam is about the same as normal FSX Gold. Remember, it is an 8 year old program with tweaks. Dovetail can only re-release it with a few mods.

Not getting into any debate, you might also consider P3D (Prepar3d) from Lockheed Martin. The core of which was the professional/commercial version of FSX, called ESP. P3D is up to version 2.4, with 2.5 coming out shortly. This has been updated/modded about 8 times as compared to FSX or FSX:Steam.

Your choice, your decision.. & no, please, no debates which is better. That has been done so many times.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

this happened to me some months ago...i managed to copy both discs to the hard drive in one folder and then installed from there....no problems at all...

maybe you can have a chance like this..

Trying to load my FSX discs onto a new computer. Install program just hangs.

Is the STEAM download version the same as FSX professional plus the service packs?

Try running msconfig.exe and select Diagnostic Startup on the General Page.

Restart the computer but do not try to load the FSX disk. Just run msconfig.exe again and reset to Normal Startup.

Restart computer and see if the disk will run.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Solved my problem by coping all the files on the 2 discs from the optical drive to one folder on the hard drive. Then hit the setup icon from the folder. Installed with no problem. Some have indicated that my optical drive was slow, but I have installed other programs from the drive with blistering speed.

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K