Sign in to follow this  
Jive1

Propeller dozs not turn like it should

Hey!

How can I make that the propeller of a prop aircraft turns well and not like a square . What I mean is, that I see a square turning slowly, whereas I expect to see a speedy turning propeller.....

Somebody to help me?

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

It's a problem with the propeller textures. Download the dxt.bmp software and open the aircraft's propeller textures with it. Click'send alpha to editor'. The alpha will either be white or black (it's been a while since I did this so I can't remember which causes a problem). Change the alpha to white if it's black, or black if it's white, then hit 'refresh alpha' in dxt.bmp. Save it and replace the old texture with the new one in the aircraft's texture folder. This may make the propeller disappear altogether, but it certainly looks more realistic than a rotating square. Alternatively, you can see if there is another texture for the aircraft that has a normal looking propeller, and just replace the bad one with the good one.  

Hey!

One of the textures, specifically the one of theone of the  prop of my aircraft was not correct. I made a copy of the prop-texture of a similar airplane, and placed it in the folder of my aairplane, and it was all right now.

Thanks anyway for your advise.

Regards

Jive1 - Belgium