Sign in to follow this  
rayp

More on Saitek mode switch and Linda 2.5.7

I have loaded up Linda 2.5.7 (following instructions) and now see the mode switch showing as buttons 9,10, and 11 on the Saitek Yoke page..  I have programmed buton 9 as Shift 1, 10 as Unshifted, and 11 as Shift 2.  However, when I move the Yoke Mode from 2 to 1 i.e. going from Unshift to shift 1, nothing happens. The Yoke page does not go to the Shift 1 page and neither do any of the other joystick pages change (I have three Bodnar button boxes set up in the system).  The only way to move to a shifted page is to use the Global shift instruction and then I can only access the Shift 1 page. Is this normal or do I need to do something else to make it work.

Scott says something about Global shift needing two presses of the button in a previous topic but how can this be done with a switch similar to the Saitek Mode switch which is just a three position switch ON-ON-ON.

Hi rayp

For your shift buttons (9, 10 and 11) you need to assign the same shift OnPress assignment to the unshifted, shifted one and shifted two pages. This can be easily achieved by using the top 2 options to 'Copy Unshifted "On Press" action'.

This is because when you are shifted mode LINDA does not know to shift to another mode unless you tell it.

In your example,

Button 9 Normal - OnPress = SHIFTED_ONE

Button 9 Shift1 - OnPress * = SHIFTED_ONE

Button 9 Shift 2 - OnPress ** = SHIFTED_ONE

and then similarly for buttons 10 and 11.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

I have already programmed the three pages as you requested but when I move the Saitek mode switch to shift 1 or shift 2 the page does not change and stays in unshifted mode.  The only way to get to a shifted page is to use the mouse and click in either of the two shift boxes at the top of the page using the mouse. If I then move the mode switch to unshift, the page stays in shifted mode until I click the box with the mouse.

OK.  If you are expecting that selecting a button with change the LINDA page to either of the 2 shifted pages then this is not how it currently functions. It will on select the Unshifted page. The checkboxes are the only way to switch between the shifted pages.

With the Mode Switch programmed as described, you should programme other buttons in the Unshifted/Shifted 1/Shifted 2 pages. Then with FSX running, you should find that the other buttons will function according to the mode switch position.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thanks for the help.  I think I have it sorted now.

The two shift ranges accessed by the Saitek mode switch can only be used by the Saitek Yoke and not by any of the other devices (Leo Bodnar button boxes) that I have connected. 

In order to access a shifted position on the other devices I will have to use the GLOBAL shift instruction and then  will only have access to the Shift 1 button positions on the other devices. 

In order to have two shift positions available on each device I will have to allocate switches on each device to choose shift 1 or shift 2 or unshifted.

If this is correct, I would like to ask if there is any possibility, in the future, of having two Global shift choices so that there would only be need for one shift choice button for a number of devices instead of each device needing a shift choice as at present.

Hi rayp

That is a good summary that I have also documented elsewhere on this forum. The suggestion is a good one but would be technically complicated.  It would also be complicated for many users as I have difficulty remembering and coping with 2 states across all my devices.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I'll second RAYP's request for two global modes if possible.

Thank you very much by the way, for an amazing program. It's brought my cockpit experience to a new level of fun.

-Wreck

Mark Hager