Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

VNAV Issues

hmmm. VNAV never worked for me so that's how I have been flying my 777 anyways. I see HOLD on the flght director but it never descent correctly so I mostly do it all manual from T/D.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

hmmm. VNAV never worked for me so that's how I have been flying my 777 anyways. I see HOLD on the flght director but it never descent correctly so I mostly do it all manual from T/D.

I'm willing to bet you're having this issue here:

Kyle Rodgers

Nope. I did that already. If you want I can make a video. I bet I missed something in the FMC.

Nope. I did that already. If you want I can make a video. I bet I missed something in the FMC.

I posted that at 11:27. The video is 18 min long. Did you watch the full video? 11:27 + 18 mins = 11:45. The HOLD mode discussion is pretty far into the video.

If you can make a video, that would be good.

...however, if it's what I demonstrate in the video, you're going to have to get me the next PMDG add-on that comes out  :P

Kyle Rodgers

I posted that at 11:27. The video is 18 min long. Did you watch the full video? 11:27 + 18 mins = 11:45. The HOLD mode discussion is pretty far into the video.

If you can make a video, that would be good.

...however, if it's what I demonstrate in the video, you're going to have to get me the next PMDG add-on that comes out  :P

Get you  ? aren't you getting this stuff for free ?

I actually saw the video before and I did adjust it to never.  Unless I am misunderstanding VNAV which could be entirely my fault. When I reach T/D, the plane still hold at whatever FL I was. I did dial the Altitude to let's stay 10,000 and click on it , it doesn't descent. It will remains at whatever flight level I was in. I have to overwrite it.  The FMC does show speed/fl restriction for each waypoint.

Get you  ? aren't you getting this stuff for free ?

Yes. Note the  :P  at the end. It was meant as a joke. A fake bet, if you will...

I actually saw the video before and I did adjust it to never.  Unless I am misunderstanding VNAV which could be entirely my fault. When I reach T/D, the plane still hold at whatever FL I was. I did dial the Altitude to let's stay 10,000 and click on it , it doesn't descent. It will remains at whatever flight level I was in. I have to overwrite it.  The FMC does show speed/fl restriction for each waypoint.

You should be rolling the altitude window down prior to reaching the T/D. This is why the CDU shows a RESET MCP ALT prompt prior to the T/D. Have you flown Tutorial #1 carefully? Did it work there?

Kyle Rodgers

Yes. Note the  :P  at the end. It was meant as a joke. A fake bet, if you will...

You should be rolling the altitude window down prior to reaching the T/D. This is why the CDU shows a RESET MCP ALT prompt prior to the T/D. Have you flown Tutorial #1 carefully? Did it work there?

Ouch, you got me there.. I didn't do any of the tutorial....Ok. I am ready for the walk of shame. I guess I'll start doing that when I get home tonight.

Altitude to let's stay 10,000 and click on it

What is the click for? I just dial in the lower altitude 20 nm from T/D and plane descends. No click.

Right, it will at the TOD on VNAV PTH. Press the ALT knob or FMS DESC NOW LSB (same thing) to start descent early.  Also, if you are late dialing in the lower altitude I think you have to be proactive to get into the descent mode.

Dan Downs KCRP