Sign in to follow this  
rmhoman

PMDG 777 family and PFPX

So I noticed something yesterday that is bugging me. If I use PFPX to file a flight plan with a PMDG 777 when I go to calculate my d-rated takeoffs I get v1 -1 vr 0 v2 0. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem and if someone else could check for me if they are or not. I am using FSX:SE single install. It just happens with the 777 family and it is only on the paperwork but I use the paperwork as a cross reference. Things get imported into the FMC and show up on the CDU just fine. II know that this forum is more active than the PFPX forum and I just need eyes to see if it is just my comp. or if it is something I will need to submit to support. FYI I am running v1.19  PFPX

PFPX needs TOPCAT to do takeoff and landing calculations, and as far as the V-speeds in the aircraft these are calculated by the FMS and not imported from PFPX.  Regardless of FSX or FSXSE, you cannot export information from PFPX into the PMDG aircraft.

Dan Downs KCRP

Things get imported into the FMC and show up on the CDU just fine.

The only thing PFPX sends over is the RTE (or wind, if you include that). Note that the only option for Export in PFPX is labeled "Route."

The PERF INIT data just comes from the PAYLOAD and FUEL pages of the CDU, and the default CI comes from the PMDG SETUP menus.

Kyle Rodgers

sorry guys I didn't articulate this well earlier. So I am just going to do this this way  

Since this forum has more traffic than PFPX and it is kinda related to both and for the past several days I have been trying to get this to work and it is driving me nuts.

Can someone with FSX:SE and PMDG 777

1 load up PFPX

2 enter in a flight plan Using a PMDG 777 as the aircraft

3 have pfpx calculate A d-rated T/O

4 verify that they actually have vspeeds on their flight plan instead of V1= -1, Vr= 0 V2 = 0

5 I don't need the numbers I just want to make sure I am not losing my mind here

6. thank you

so I was unable to reproduce the error I deleted the profile and re-entered everything. I wonder if I might have selected the wrong ini file  and that might have caused the issues. I is working now 100% sorry for wasting your time :)

Again, PFPX doesn't provide that kind of calculation. TOPCAT does, but it's not the same software.

actually the real issue was that TOPCAT wouldn't give data if the temperature was less than -1C so not a pmdg issue with the config file. This is a huge bug (found my answer buried in the TOPCAT forum).