Sign in to follow this  

Terrain.3 ... looks like a path issue from install ... sound files.

After installed the LHC LearJet 24B, it looks like it erroneously created some folders in the wrong place.

From my P3D root (Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2) I know have:

terrain.3\Deserts\9892wtg8\November\PanelSounds

with several sound files:

LHC Sound Effects Master List.txt

LHC_X2.gau

LJ24B_Flaps.wav

LJ24B_Flaps2.wave

SND1.wav

and many more .WAV files.

I'm assuming these are from LHC given their names.  So I guess my question is this really the intended location for these sound files?  If not, what location should they reside in?

Cheers, Rob.

I have the same thing associated with the Q-200, I'm gonna call "intentionally disguised" for whatever reason, maybe an anti-piracy measure of sorts.

maybe an anti-piracy measure of sorts.

Probably not -- but I will leave it well enough alone until advised otherwise from LHC.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi,

I don't have the Learjet, but I do have the Avelina from Lionheart. I have "Terrain.1\Lakes\...\como" which has the panel.cfg, sound gauges and other Avelina files. Should show "alias=" in the panel directory of the Learjet.

Anti piracy was my thought when I discovered it.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I have it also in LH LJ24B:

gauge00=LHC_X2!FBGS_XMLSound,  0,0,1,1,terrain.3\\Deserts\\9892wtg8\\November\\PanelSounds

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

There are some strange paths referenced in the model.cfg files too. It works so I am guessing that they are intentional.

My question is that I have two files in the FSX root folder that seem to be associated with the Lear install, or are they something to be concerned about?

Joystick_serial_294859826.dll & driver_10_ceta_92849.dll

They certainly weren't there before. Are they required or are they malicious?

Jack Ford

Jack,

Yes, just to verify, I have these strange paths also in the LJ24B.

Best Regards,

Yes, I also wondered about these strange paths, and also assumed they were an anti-theft measure.  Not a very clever idea though as there isn't an un-install programme provided for the Learjet.

Gerard Marley

I just got the LH LJ24B .. so did not know about:

"there isn't an un-install programme provided for the Learjet."

So, how is it uninstalled from FSX and P3D?

Best Regards,

Yes, I have the same terrain.3 folder but also terrain.1.  I have Lionheart's Fairchild 24 as well as the Learjet, Epic Victory and when I get around to reinstalling it the Piper Pacer.  There was some additional scenery provided with the Pacer, can't remember if it is provided with the rest of the fleet.  I get an odd error when loading up the '24, it fails to find an avelina.ini file which sits in the terrain.1 folder.  I can see it there so it must be looking in the wrong place.  Just an annoyance really, I hit 'ok' and the plane loads up. I didn't get this error message in FSX, only now with P3D v 2.5.  Regards, Mark

I just noticed this thread! Since Bill Ortis is using a sound module he licensed from me, I can at least tell you why the files are located where they are...

...or rather how the sim knows where they are. Honestly I don't have a clue why Bill chose such an obscure location!

The gauge entry for the sound module has a "5th parameter" that specifies where one wishes the sound files to be stored:

gauge00=LHC_X2!FBGS_XMLSound,  0,0,1,1,terrain.3\\Deserts\\9892wtg8\\November\\PanelSounds

I normally path the custom sounds to a more conventional location either under the aircraft's own ..\Sound folder, or the aircraft's ..\Panel folder:

gauge00=Milviz_Sound!FBGS_XMLSound,  0,0,1,1,SimObjects\Airplanes\Beech_King_Air_350i Milviz\sound\B350#25

Now that you know how the sim knows where these custom sound files are located, you can rather easily move them wherever you would rather they be, then simply modify the "5th parameter" path accordingly..

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator