Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

Best complex/realistic airliner for FS2004

What are your favorite complex/realistic airliner(s) for FS2004, and why?

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Not neccessarily in this order:

SSTSIM Concorde.  Unique aircraft and flight profiles. Never a dull moment, from keeping the COG in balance during climb/descent, to keeping the INS waypoints updated.

PMDG 747/MD-11  Both complex airliners, with many functioning systems, and the ability to let the automatics handle the systems, or to do it yourself.

Dreamfleet 727     Very basic autopilot; manual throttle control, you need to know how to navigate to fly this one.

Vickers VC-10     By David Maltby/Nicholas Weber/vololiberista.   A great old classic. Basic autopilot/navigation systems. You need to fly this.

Peter Schluter

Thanks Peter :-) Those interested in the VC10 should wait a bit until late March early April when a completely new 700 gauge (almost) widescreen panel will be on avsim.

The Leve D 767 has been on the market for a while, but now the Zinertek cockpit upgrade vastly enhances the instrument panel appearance of the LD767, particularly at dusk when the panel lights are on, bringing this fantastic creation right up to date, and almost on par with a few of the well-regarded FSX airliners out there.

Very importantly to me,  the LD767 allows you to save instrument panel states and FMS data, when flight segments are stored for later repeat flights, which is a feat not many other FS9 airliners can replicate even today.

The Level D 767 for FS9 will satisfy even the most demanding fly-by-the-book sim pilot, and all in all is a very worthwhile addition to your FS9 airliner hangar.

Best regards from Tony, at the helm of the flying desk.

FleaJump

Did Zinertek only upgrade VC cockpit texture or did they put some extra dynamite to 2d panel as well? 

I'd better give a shout-out for the iFly 737 and recently released 747-400.

The 737 is particularly noteworthy since it includes most of the full range of NG models ... 600, 700, 700ER, 800, 900, 900ER, BBJ, BBJ2 and BBJ3.  Therefore pretty much all your route and passenger load requirements are covered.

The 747, on the other hand, I believe is the first airliner developed for FS9 without the traditional polygon limitations. This means the VC appears similar in appearance to that of FSX/P3D versions.

My final recommendation is the Leonardo Maddog (MD80). Possibly the steepest learning curve of all but the among the most rewarding after the challenge has been met.

The Leve D 767 has been on the market for a while, but now the Zinertek cockpit upgrade vastly enhances the instrument panel appearance of the LD767, particularly at dusk when the panel lights are on, bringing this fantastic creation right up to date, and almost on par with a few of the well-regarded FSX airliners out there.

Very importantly to me,  the LD767 allows you to save instrument panel states and FMS data, when flight segments are stored for later repeat flights, which is a feat not many other FS9 airliners can replicate even today.

The Level D 767 for FS9 will satisfy even the most demanding fly-by-the-book sim pilot, and all in all is a very worthwhile addition to your FS9 airliner hangar.

How could I have missed this one.....+ 1 from me

Peter Schluter

The Zinertek upgrade is only the VC but it's worth every penny. As stated above, it really does bring the LevelD 767 up to par with a lot of much newer addons, and I do not believe that any developer has ever equaled the LevelD's level of systems modeling as well as absolute reliability.

I would also give my strong agreement to the DreamFleet 727 as the best "classic" aircraft I have ever tried along with the iFly 737 for a current generation simulation.

There are two freeware aircraft I would add: David Maltby's BAC 1-11 and DH Comet IV. The first is a classic British airliner from the 70's and the latter the world's first jetliner to enter service. Both are fun to fly and have panels (2D and VC) on a par with many payware products

I don't have all the aircraft listed above but from what I've heard, you won't go wrong with any of them

It will be interesting to hear what you ended up purchasing and what you think of it

Cheers

Ian

The QualityWings Ultimate 146 Collection hasn't been mentioned yet. 

For a reasonable price you get six versions ... Avro's RJ-70, RJ-85, RJ-100 and the earlier BAe146-100, BAe146-200 and BAe146-300.

Although in truth it might not have the same level of systems detail as some it is still pretty good.  Why do I like it ... its the only 4 engined jet permitted to frequent London City airport !  It also has a high wing, pretty rare these days among western jet aircraft

It will be interesting to hear what you ended up purchasing and what you think of it

Cheers

Ian

If you try out anything from David Maltby's stable including the VC10 +panel updates they are all free!!

... and the Ready For Pushback B747-200. Coupled with Civa INS there's a lot to do at all times, since it's a three crew aircraft. INS waypoints, fuel management and so on. It was used by real world crews for training in the past.

A bit dated, but still one of the best simulated commercial aircraft. Coupled with either Posky or CLS 3D models it isn't half bad. :smile:

Regards,

Jure

PMDG MD11 - it just handles so well!

Otherwise the PMDG 747-400 Cargo version. 3rd place the iFly 737.

I will have to get the Dreamfleet 727.

Cheers,

Sascha

... and the Ready For Pushback B747-200. Coupled with Civa INS there's a lot to do at all times, since it's a three crew aircraft. INS waypoints, fuel management and so on. It was used by real world crews for training in the past.

A bit dated, but still one of the best simulated commercial aircraft. Coupled with either Posky or CLS 3D models it isn't half bad. :smile:

Regards,

Jure

Good points as they also refer to DM's VC10 which has the CIVA INS system plus with the next update on avsim a complete fuel management system, underwing fuel point, weight and balance load sheets etc.

The INS system puts a/c that use them on a par with modern fmc systems. But, a little bit more work up front. You can only load 9 wypts at a time, but you can load your entire route including sid and star. The only constraint is if fs9 recognises the wypt. That however is overcome by "facility editor"

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=facility+editor&CatID=root&Go=Search