Sign in to follow this  
Sportsfan23

Sudden FPS drop on approach then FPS spike after landing?

So I think its becoming clear to me the more I try and fix minor annoyances the more I seem to be "breaking" the sim. Last night I did a flight from KSFO-FSDT KDFW at dusk and by the time I landed it was dark so I dunno if that will play a part in this or not. Anyway takeoff-climb-cruise-descent all just fine FPS wise. It wasn't until I got into the approach that the FPS went in the tank. Like it bogged down to 8-10 FPS something I haven't even seen before at that airport. Now I have autogen at normal, water 2.xmid. I was flying the PMDG 737 so I know thats a fairly big drain on FPS. Anyway after somehow managing to land at like 10 FPS on rollout the FPS all of a sudden went back up to 22-24 where it usually is for that airport.

Why on approach did it go in the tank and then once on the ground the FPS returned to normal? This also happened when landing at KMIA the FPS went down to like 5-7 FPS and then once I landed it went back up to 26 or so where it usually is. 

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be awesome! Also something else I haven't been able to figure out is how come with my UT2 planes when they takeoff and land its like the lights on the plane become one GIANT white ball? Like the whole plane is engulfed in this light. It looks so unrealistic. 

The FPS drop when on approach could be due to the amount of AI Traffic and once you land and

travel down the runway, AI may not have as much affect.  Sounds good, anyway! ^_^

As for the lights on the AI aircraft, maybe unchecking light bloom in your settings might help. 

Light bloom had that affect on my runway threshold lights.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Yea I have all the lighting effects off except for landing lights illuminate runway. I think I have found the cause and it's I had my Nvidia inspector settings on to high AA. As soon as I turned that down today I got another 10 FPS so instead of being at 22-24 FPS at KDFW at the gate I am now getting 34-36 with the same settings in FSX. 

I am not sure about the UT2 planes yet as I just installed the shockwave 3d lighting add-on see if that might fix it.