Sign in to follow this  
makdrive

BlackBox Simulation- Airbus A330/40

it's still a beta and a mess, I own it and it's my worst purchase.  Version 1 will take 2-5 more years at the rate the devs are going.  Aerosoft Airbus and the future FSL A320 blow this thing out of the sky.

• Upvote 1

Isn't their A320 still in a "Prologue" state? I don't know why people fall for this developer's antics. 

Don't bother.

I installed it and tried to do a traffic pattern at EPWR. What I found out within the first 10 minutes of flight was that the DCT TO function did not work, the plane lost more than 500 feet when in turn on autopilot in ALT mode, and it was very difficult to hand fly on final, as it was swerving from left to right even with minimal joystick inputs. Not to mention that the new Load Manager produced a CTD straight away.

I uninstalled it quickly.

There is little chance it will improve in the future if that was the milestone leap from version 0.66 to 0.80 that took almost two years to complete. Certainly it's one of my worst purchases as well.

I would strongly recommend waiting for other Airbus products in the pipeline. 

it's still a beta and a mess, I own it and it's my worst purchase.  Version 1 will take 2-5 more years at the rate the devs are going.  Aerosoft Airbus and the future FSL A320 blow this thing out of the sky.

All do respect, I don't know of a single developer that ends up releasing a product on their target date... and almost always push it back months (in the case of one of the developers you mentioned, even years).

I have the Aerosoft and they are exceptional... will probably pick up their A330 as well even though I have the BB.

I think the key here is to approach BB exactly as they claim... it is truly an unfinished product.  I look for progress in each iteration, and V.80 is definitely solid progress from the prior version.  

To the other poster... I am not sure i would use the word "antics."  It is a different way of developing a product.  I don't mind unfinished cockpit textures and a few quirks here and there if it means I can fly an otherwise solid A340-600, fully knowing it will get finished.

Don't bother.

I installed it and tried to do a traffic pattern at EPWR. What I found out within the first 10 minutes of flight was that the DCT TO function did not work, the plane lost more than 500 feet when in turn on autopilot in ALT mode, and it was very difficult to hand fly on final, as it was swerving from left to right even with minimal joystick inputs. Not to mention that the new Load Manager produced a CTD straight away.

I uninstalled it quickly.

There is little chance it will improve in the future if that was the milestone leap from version 0.66 to 0.80 that took almost two years to complete. Certainly it's one of my worst purchases as well.

I would strongly recommend waiting for other Airbus products in the pipeline. 

I flew on VATSIM last night and flew a DCT as per the instructions of ATC... I had no issues, so maybe a bad install, etc?

Just bought this beta. One of the biggest mistakes I have made. Spending 30 euros for the a330 v.8. The result? 

Load manager not working and full of errors (I am NOT the only one saying that), some tiny bugs and finally, an addon that currently messed up my FSX by creating fatal errors and messages like "Fsx has stoped working" while flying the xtended. So if you are about to buy it, consider:

1....spending hours finding what's the matter with the manager

2.....trying to desperately post on their full of spam forum

3......the product WILL ffect your other addons. For example the my FSX stoped working while climbing with the xtended, smth that my pc has never done so far

In addition I can confirm all the problems that fellow simmer anzhe778 said. 

Guys, wait for a serious a330 by aerosoft, it's worth waiting it. Don't buy this crap!

3......the product WILL ffect your other addons. For example the my FSX stoped working while climbing with the xtended, smth that my pc has never done so far

This has nothing to do with BBS at all. Post your report and see what's wrong.

Additionally you should read http://forum.avsim.net/files/file/65-avsim-crash-to-desktop-guide-for-fsx-p3d-fs9/

Zicheng Cai

Please read my post carefully. I have never got any crash to desktop errors so far. It can't be such a coinsidence!

It is. Read the CTD guide. Even vanilla FSX can CTD.

Zicheng Cai

It is. Read the CTD guide. Even vanilla FSX can CTD.

OK tnx, it is possible to not be related to bbs, but I hope you understand my disspaointment

OK tnx, it is possible to not be related to bbs, but I hope you understand my disspaointment

Do you have problem calibrating throttles on the A340?

Zicheng Cai

I bought a330 v.08 not both! And no, I had no problems with throttle.

Maybe you are right, though we cant have anything we want!   ^_^ It's a real pity there is no serious FINISHED long haul bus and we have to wait a year for the aerosoft one!

They have already posted the fix for throttles on their facebook page.

Download here https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqqczdag3zgnd91/BlackBox%20Airbus%20WideBody%20v0.80.1%20%28Throttle%20Calibration%20Patch%29.exe?dl=0

To Everyone else saying it's not worth it,

Thanks for the heads up. I deeply miss a proper Airbus A330/40/80 on FSX and that is why I was thinking of giving BBS a go. But I am still not sure. I am ready to accept an unfinished product (I know it can't be of PMDG or Aerosoft quality) but I will settle for any airbus that can just do about basic flight functions, not hoping for anything fancy etc.

Anyways... still undecided.