Sign in to follow this  
makdrive

BlackBox Simulation- Airbus A330/40

To be honest I had a great time with their airbuses and 777 in my FS2002/FS2004 years.

But only until Phoenix Simulation Software closed its activation servers so its customers could no longer use the add-ons they'd paid for.

until Phoenix Simulation Software closed its activation servers

Agreed, that was a pain in the @#%.

To be honest I had a great time with their airbuses and 777 in my FS2002/FS2004 years.

But that certainly does not convince me to buy the latest BBS creations, especially in pieces.

As did I, and their 757 was enjoyable for me, too.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Please help, My Black Box - A330/340, elevator, rudder, flaps - don't work - sorry they do work but don't move if that makes sense. Clearly they are performing but nosewheel does not turn, elevator does not move, same with rudder and flaps! I Am using Windows 8!

Please help, My Black Box - A330/340, elevator, rudder, flaps - don't work - sorry they do work but don't move if that makes sense. Clearly they are performing but nosewheel does not turn, elevator does not move, same with rudder and flaps! I Am using Windows 8!

My first step would be to uninstall then re-install the aircraft. Be sure to install it as an administrator.

It hand flies a lot better now after the update. This plane is starting to grow on me. And it's so nice to have the complimentary 340 with it.

It hand flies a lot better now after the update. This plane is starting to grow on me. And it's so nice to have the complimentary 340 with it. 

So basically newer people shouldn't buy their products until it's finished. 

I'm not going to judge them until they've finished their products. 

I don't know what happened with  'PSS' tho, upon googling I couldn't find any information on that..

What happened? 

So basically newer people shouldn't buy their products until it's finished. 

I'm not going to judge them until they've finished their products. 

I don't know what happened with  'PSS' tho, upon googling I couldn't find any information on that..

What happened? 

I believe I'm right to say that PSS went belly-up because of personal problems.  Blackbox is comprised of their relatives who, rather than reopening a company that had a good reputation, but wasn't able to do right by their customers in the end, chose to rename the company. 

Blackbox has made a commitment to stick with it's PSS customers and make things right and provide great new products with even better quality than PSS.

Blackbox has made a commitment to stick with it's PSS customers and make things right and provide great new products with even better quality than PSS.

Help me out here..

How does selling folk a partly finished addon to replace the products that can no longer be activated because the very same developers turned off the server and disappeared off to Malta make things right ?

Making things right would be allowing previously bought products to be activated.

I still have four useless PSS installers probably over  £100 worth sitting on my backup server, I will happily take a free A320 as compensation... that would make it right for me.

I believe I'm right to say that PSS went belly-up because of personal problems.

It was also because of financial problems. Regardless of that PSS closed its servers so that customers could  no longer use was they had paid for.

The press release at the time said:

Graham Waterfield was the Chief Executive Officer Phoenix Simulation software.

The latest Blackbox site states:

Created by Graham & Antony Waterfield, formerly of Phoenix Simulation Software “PSS“

Can a  leopard  change its spots?

How can you say the FSL A320 will blow this away if I remember correctly FSL A320 has been in development for Years also if it ever gets finished at all.

Jason Richards

I think people ought to be aware that there is an undiscussed dimension to the demise of PSS and what happened to their products afterwards. Some of PSS's output ended up being marketed exclusively by Justflight, who, in return for acquiring their products, could have contnued to offer support to those previous PSS customers who were left out to dry. For all I know they do but I haven't tested whether that is the case.

Justflight did not contact the authors involved to offer them a continuation of the contracts and royalties PSS had pledged. I contacted Justflight a long time ago to ask how they had acquired the products and why they had not contacted me and other authors who had co-created some PSS products as contracted authors. They did not come up with a satisfactory answer, but continued to sell (and they do now) some PSS items.

If you take on the back catalogue of someone else's product, you are also taking on the responsibilities that entails, and that is the price you reasonably pay for having the privilege of marketing all over again but with almost zero development expense. 

PSS customers who feel short changed maybe should contact Justflight if their products purchased from PSS match the identical products albeit with a different name now marketed by Justflight.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Aside from the comments about PSS, I have been testing the BBS A340 recently and am having problems with the rudder which seems to be next to unusable in flight. I would be interested in other people's comments who actually have this sim and who may not have encountered this difficulty.

Oh, and by the way, I think this could prove to be a good sim by the time it reaches version 1.0 status. I am not of the school that it is money wasted at the present time. In my opinion it is better than another rendition that comes to mind, even as a beta release. 

Paul Hermon

Last week I was on holiday in Sharm el sheikh. Part of the hotel package was a free thai massage Which Mrs tooting was very happy about.

When lieing down in the massage room (with Mrs tooting next to me on the adjacent bed) the young massause was doing her magic on my upper legs. The only thing st

Stopping me laughing or getting excited (Mrs tooting wouldn't of been impressed) was to think of crappy bbs airbus series

I could of thought of a million and one sad and depressing things to stop me getting a stiffy. The shear crapness and conmen Malta brothers was the worst thing I could think of

14ppkc-6.png