Sign in to follow this  
Luke_Pearcy

PMDG NGX Service Pack. 27K Engine Rating

Hello

I have heard that there will be recently a new service pack brought out which will update the NGX with some of the systems that is currently seen on the T7

I was wondering if it would be possible, even if not in this service pack, but at some stage in time to add the following.

Although the current NGX does have the option for 27K rated engines as the "TO-B" option. This isn't simulated realistically.

When NG's have 27K rated engines, the ability to de-rate thrust to 22K is extinguished. 27K actually becomes the new "TO" in the real airliner, instead of "TO-B" in the NGX, with "TO-1" being 26K instead of 24K and "TO-2" becomes 24K instead of 22K.

What I am wondering if there is the ability to apply this into the NGX to make it more realistic  for those cariers that do have the option for 27K. This is so assumed temperatures can be used with 27K as well as other things, as at the moment, you cannot use an assumed temperature with the "TO-B" 27K option. 

Any light into this would be much appreciated

Regards

Luke

This is not accurate.  Our 737s have the 27K bump option and 22K is still a selectable option along with 24K and 26K.

This is not accurate.  Our 737s have the 27K bump option and 22K is still a selectable option along with 24K and 26K.

Thank you for informing me of this.

Regardless, what I have stated above still applies. Although your airline may have this. Others do not. 

I have attached this image of a Thomson Airways Boeing 737-8K5/WS to demonstrate what I am talking about.

Luke

27kn1limit.jpg

Luke.

I really think that depends of airline configuration. If you look at Air Europa 738, they don't have 24K :( It's really depend of that I bet

Ivan

Luke.

I really think that depends of airline configuration. If you look at Air Europa 738, they don't have 24K :( It's really depend of that I bet

Ivan

Ivan,

I completely agree. I know GOL Just have "TO" which is 27K and no de-rates at all. All they can use is assumed temperatures.

All I am asking is if there can be a configuration setting in the FMC in the PMDG Options or setup page for this configuration, just like in the PMDG T7, where you can select how the Takeoff page appears depending on the airline you are flying. Such as whether you display the de-rates for TO and CLB or not, but go one step further and add what each value equates to.

Luke

It's a customer option.  I was just pointing out that you can have both the 27K and 22K option together.

As an interesting side note, our lease agreement for the engines has a limit on how many 27K bump takeoffs are allowed before an additional fee is charged.  Our ops specs limit it's use to only a handful of airports and then only when the payload requires it's use.  We will do a 26K bleeds off takeoff before a 27K.

Norwegian do have 26K option, with 24K and 22K derates.

They always used assumed temperature if it is not degraded braking action :)

If it is they only use 22, 24 or 26K with no assumed temperature :)

But SAS they have only 22K on their B738s except 3 who has 26K and SFP as well :)