Sign in to follow this  
N1125Y

FPS Crises

Hello All !

New fresh Win7 64 and FSX Acceleration Gold installed each on a dedicated SSD.

Tweaked OS and FSX base on Nick & Word Not Allowed guide line

Launched FSX no add ones, get steady 30FPS system is stable and flight is smooth with Default Cessna 172. Carenado  Cessna 177RG Cardinal, and Carenado B58

Installed  Global and Vector, looks great but  FPS drooped to 8-9FPS , basically, non-flyable simulator, can take beautiful screenshots frame them and hang them on the wall  

Is this what I should expect ????

I'll appreciate any input

Cheers  

System Spec:  

AMD Phanom Black Edition II X4 975

Memory Corsair 8GB Dual Channel DD3 1666Mhz 

Bios is set to all Auto so:

Memory indicating 1333Mhz

CPU Speed 3.6Ghz

Display 42" Plasma as main

2x15" widescreens, via  Digital 2H2GO for instrument

GPU EVGA GTX 580

Nothing OC      

Short answer- Yes.

You will lose FPS when adding the ORBX scenery. So if your scenery settings were dialed in to give 30fps as you stated then once you add ORBX you drop to 10, that sounds about right.( But worth the trade with added eyecandy) you will have to dial back the scenery a little to maintain 30 WITH ORBX. Trying turning road traffic down to about 5 and airport support traffic to minimum (sorry at work cant remember what its called exactly) also turn things like bloom off, also your AI traffic should not be set to high either. With a carefull balance you will find you can have great scenery and very playable. Also you may be able to OC a little and that will help.

I have most of the ORBX scenery and can maintain 30fps everywhere with MOST settings maxed out. (devils canyon @ 4.7 and GTX970)

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

.tnx Turbo 

.....traffic is minimum, AI is set 0 (I fly in SoCa with PilotEdge live ATC ) , so what you telling me, that this OBX is a FPS/ system killer, and If I do no invest mucho dinero in a super dupper Rig, I'm

doomed .. interesting but not acceptable, if this is the case ORBX should come out with disclaimer "Customer be aware"  .. might need to try to get my investment back and find another avenue to achieve some realism ..got FSGenises and old UTX US ...had no issue with frame rates ..

BTW

& the FPS, is not the only issue with ORX  .... got few more major ones which relate to: retain, mesh, elevation, over exaggerated  lightning .& and so on and so  ..a promised bless turn to a nightmare   :mad:

Hi N1125Y,

sorry to hear that ORBX causes such problems with your rig. I have almost all of their sceneries/airports and rarely have those FPS drops you have experienced. I agree with you, if that would be the case, that would indeed be totally unacceptable.

On top of what you have tried already, maybe you try also to work with your scenery and clouds sliders. If all that doesn't work out, I would go to the ORBX forum site and report my problems there. They should be the experts in helping you out. Whenever i had a problem with one of their airports, I was able to get great help on that site.

In short: don't give up, the force is with us  :smile:  

Bernd

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

..hello Bernd 

..have no idea were to start trouble shooting, my perception of ORBX , was Shot and Forget, install and fly ... overtime I got warn out dealing with tech aspects of FSX, I'm here to fly, and not for the technology behind the Simulator, I rarely popup the hod in my car and not really care about what is going on under my R1200GSA, fuel tank, I'm a RW student pilot who use the simulator for training and for the fun ..... but found myself more and more dealing with simulator tech stuff than actually flying, I though ORX package will solve the issue and earn me some more time flying.....

Currently ORX turn out as white Elephant, a disaster and the frame rate is the list of my ORBX problem right now, got tons of more sever issues that need an attention.... (-:

I'll take your advice and will seek remedies at the ORBX forum

Kind of weird, such an expensive piece of software and no customer support

Cheers

Yair              

Something doesn't sound right. I have very similar system with ORBX Northern California.

With no addons, you should be getting 50+ fps.  Just ORBX should be 25+ no problem I would think.

You might try to backup your fsx.cfg and give this website a try to see what it comes up with for your fsx.cfg.  It does a pretty good job for those that don't want to spend hours trying different settings.

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

Set FPS limiter to unlimited seems to also help.

..yeah, I thought, so,  hard to believe that Rig such as mine would not be able to handle ORBX .... However, frame rates are not my concern right now, after flying a bit I found out that my terrain elevations Airports all totally distorted .. looks like one of Mark Chagal surrealistic Masterpiece  ...lol ....      

Thanks for your comments .. at list we got some hope here

Cheers

Yair   

Orbx Global and Vector is quite a mouthful.

Suggest you go in small steps and assess impact each step.

1. Uninstall Vector.

2. Global by itself should not impact fps that much.

3. Try a free Orbx region as a test,  try PNW and fly around...

4. If all that is fine, try Vector last, and be prepared to uninstall again.

Your system is marginal (sorry) for three screens, and the eye candy you are loading..

Read this (all of it):

http://www.simforums.com/forums/big-performance-hit-with-a-nvidia-titan_topic51519.html

Bert

Display 42" Plasma as main
2x15" widescreens, via  Digital 2H2GO for instrument
GPU EVGA GTX 580

I'm with Bert on this one. I don't know but if you've got those many monitors connected to that video card, I'm thinking that may be your bottle neck (depending on what resolution you're running at).

I have FTX Global, Global Vector, all the North America terrain regions, EU England and Southampton and my frames (depending on cloud cover) is between 25 and 30 with my resolution on my 29" monitor set in FSX to 3620x1527x32 in any of those ORBX areas.

M

..tnx guys

... however,  I running before for 3 years with no issues (or lets say minor droop off in frame rates when getting to Major AP) had

No dedicated HD, just 1 single 1TB mechanical one and the same monitors set up TN on 1920x1080 and the 2 small monitors 1366x786

Had :

FSX Genisis

UTX

GNX

REX

and the hell know of how much of crap I installed overtime  ..lol

No terrain issues, to elevation or texture issues no Frame rates issues ,which I'm loaded with right now  :( 

Okay, any special instructions for uninstalling Vector   ????

Just to clarify a little, I do NOT have Global or Vector but I do have several regions, and in PNW for example you will only see a little bit of a hit in FPS. However when you add higher resolution airports for each region (Anacortes for example), you can expect a further cut in FPS.

Also the additional airports give options, so you can dial down the scenery (no grass for example),to minimize the hit. But ORBX is well worth the investment to me, once your use to it you dont want to fly anywhere else.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

To correect the airport elevation issues try running the Airport elevation correction tool built into Vector. Don't forget to click apply, once it has finished it's scan. Also, you may try disabling some of the secondary roads, tunnels, etc, inside vector, as well. i hope you get it figured out.

Cheers, Jazz

tnx again ..I applied everything but no cure terrain landscaping elevation all messed up  .. and I do not get any response from the gurus at ORBX forum as well ..weird,

considering that that they expect you to invest mucho dinero in all their eye candies,  ...lol 

so the next is

Start from scratch again and have all the old stuff back

..go after my $$$$   

Cheers  

.. and I do not get any response from the gurus at ORBX forum as well ..weird,

considering that that they expect you to invest mucho dinero in all their eye candies,  ...lol 

To be fair.....they did ask for screenshots which you haven't given them.

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

.. .... I follow the posting instructions, and posted few screenshots .. unless I'm missed something