Sign in to follow this  
virginblue737

Stutters

Hey all, 

Stutters is something I have always had, i seem to be able to run my sim at 30fps, it looks amazing, but yet im always getting stutters. 

Its most noticable when taxing in and out of airports. Up in the air everything seems smooth its just when im on the ground. 

It dosent matter if im at a complex airport like ORBX Brisbane or just a default airport i still seem to get the stutters. 

Is there something i can do maybe within the FSX.CFG or nvidea inspector that will get rid of those stutters??

Thanks 

If it's happening mostly at airports, complex and default, and not while in the air, I would suspect your

AI aircraft settings are too high.  If you are above 50% airline AI, then start lowering the setting by

5-10% and see how it goes.  I don't use aircraft labels so I don't know if they show while the AI are

on the ground, or not, so I would disable them also.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

The BufferPool tweak causes stuttering if not properly configured.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

If it's happening mostly at airports, complex and default, and not while in the air, I would suspect your

AI aircraft settings are too high.  If you are above 50% airline AI, then start lowering the setting by

5-10% and see how it goes.  I don't use aircraft labels so I don't know if they show while the AI are

on the ground, or not, so I would disable them also.

Nope i dont run AI i just run vatsim?

Thanks for your reply

Best regards,

And could you elaborate more?

I have usepools=0 in the cfg

System specs I5 4670k 4.4ghz, GTX 770, 8GB ram

I cannot other than what is stated in the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide. It has also been mentioned by NickN in his forums that the tweak causes some instability for some and should be removed if it is causing problems. The information in the FSX Configuration Guide is taken from information gleaned from around the flight simulation community. I personally tried it a couple of years ago and got major stuttering and pauses while flying out of FlightBean's KIAD and over photoscenery. I removed the tweak and the stuttering/pauses stopped. Can't you just comment out the tweak (place two slashes //in front of the parameter, save the config, and it will not load the next time you start FSX. If you continue to have stuttering, then that did not fix your problem and you will have to investigate. We have several suggestions in the AVSIM CTD Guide for investigating, not only CTD's, but other anomalies in FSX as well. Moving the FSX.cfg, dll.xml, and scenery.cfg to a temporary folder and restarting FSX is a very good start as that will bring you back to the default configuration of FSX (w/o tweaks and w/o high settings). High settings in the Nvidia display drivers can cause stuttering too.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim you win my Star today! :)

I removed the Bufferpool tweak and had a great flight. I was hunting for the reason I got those short pauses and that was it.

Finally after 2 months I would say I now have my FSX working great - that was the last problem.

Running a nice 30 fps in J4100, orbx, real weather (REX & Opus). No OOMs flying into big APs. Happy guy!

Thanks Mr. Young for always helping us out.

PS I had been through the guide, but have been thru many many guides over the last couple of months.

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

NickN and I both agree that the BufferPool tweak is really not need in systems like yours and mine. I really appreciate your responding and telling us how the problem was fixed. I'm positive it will help others in the future.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

NickN and I both agree that the BufferPool tweak is really not need in systems like yours and mine. I really appreciate your responding and telling us how the problem was fixed. I'm positive it will help others in the future.

Best regards,

I stopped using that tweak months ago! Don't need that tweak on our systems.

Vernon Howells